Bank or customer rolled

gklug

Jul 22, 2014
Wilkes-Barre
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro with 8.5x11 DD stock coil, 5x8 DD and NEL Storm coil. Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evening everyone. I have been thinking about giving "coin roll hunting" a try but I have watched various Youtube videos and some mention bank rolled and customer rolled. Which is best to ask for or do you ask at all? Doesn't really matter what denomination right now, just curious what to ask for. Thanks for your time and input.

Upvote 0

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It really depends. On one hand, customer rolls could be coins that a person has been saving their entire life, cashing in during hard times for some quick cash, or inherited and cashed in by someone who doesn't know any better. But at the same time, customer rolls could be a coin roll hunter, who is just turning in his dumps!

Personally I ask for customer wrapped when I can, but take machine wrapped when I have to.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ask for whatever they have - I never specify customer vs. bank or machine wrapped rolls - this thing is pretty random, when you
consider the number of dedicated coin roll hunters , and the apparently considerable number of what I call "the unknowing, and the
uncaring" - who are randomly feeding the supply of coins , the desirable coins can be anywhere - in boxes , in bags , in machine
wrapped rolls , in customer wrapped rolls , in teller trays (you can ask -some don't care ) Always take whatever they have that
you can afford. Separate your "pick up banks" , from your" dump banks" . Treat your pick up tellers like gold !

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
If you can set up a recurring box order at a bank you'll always have something to search at least, though from scouring TNet for awhile you'll find that the customer wrapped rolls tend to produce better... but when somebody hits that monster dream box it's hard to compare.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE DOWNSIDE TO CUSTOMER ROLLS IS SOME PEOPLE CAN'T COUNT, LOTS OF SHORT ROLLS, SOME WITH AND WITHOUT INTENT. THE UPSIDE IS AS OTHERS SAY--- POSSIBLE BIG SCORE OF OLDIES AND GOODIES. REWARD OUTWEIGHS RISK WITH CWR'S.TAKE 'EM ALL. HH

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE DOWNSIDE TO CUSTOMER ROLLS IS SOME PEOPLE CAN'T COUNT, LOTS OF SHORT ROLLS, SOME WITH AND WITHOUT INTENT. THE UPSIDE IS AS OTHERS SAY--- POSSIBLE BIG SCORE OF OLDIES AND GOODIES. REWARD OUTWEIGHS RISK WITH CWR'S.TAKE 'EM ALL. HH

Why are you shouting? Lol

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Port, please don't types in all caps, it violates our rules...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I asked my bank teller if she had any customer penny rolls and she had one. Found 8 wheat pennies! This was my first attempt at CRH. I will periodically try other denominations.

I'm glad to have read the CRH forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread