Today Was a Good Day!!!

lespaul337

Jan 17, 2014
Lake Charles
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Waterproof Pro Pointer, MineLab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had to drive to pick up a check today in a town about an hour away. On the way back I stopped by a branch of my bank (Chase) that I had only been to one other time. That time I picked up a few MWRs of halves and picked up a few 40% and one Franklin. I figured since that was a year ago I would try my luck again. I went in to cash the check and asked for halves. The teller I had said there weren't any but he asked the teller at the window and he said "Yeah we have that $23 dollars that has been in the safe for months now" I was thinking well if they had been there for months chances were they were not worth getting but I had an hour drive home so I figured what the heck I would try my luck. He reaches in the safe and pulls out 46 loose half dollars. I really think it is a bust now since surely if there was silver he would have seen them since they were loose. He sticks them in an envelope and finish my transactions and leave. I get to the car and open it up and there gleaming are a few 40%. I was shocked so I instantly dumped them and BOOOM!!!! 11 40% and 2 1964 90%. 13 out of 46 were silver.. I was shocked and Happy :hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2:

Upvote 0

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Ask and ye shall receive! Or, as my little brother the salesman says, "If you don't ask, you aint gettin'"

Nice Job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread