Coinstar finds

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know where to post this but here it is! Post your coinstar/rejection tray finds here. I found a dirty 64 roosie yesterday, my first find! Also, has anyone gotten extremely dirty looks when looking in the rejection tray of a coinstar? Today I quickly checked one and this guy just stared at me like he though I was homeless and he was disgusted hahah??

Travyboy78

Greenie
Nov 26, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I look every time I go to the store. My wife is even helping now. I found a handful the other day, with a '64 Rosie! Made my day.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dime dump this week at the CU, scooped 2 Canada Qtrs., '53 Rosie and '45 Merc. just love customers who leave the good ones for me!! last week the tray had $1.55 in various clad including a '29 Wheat. in the last year the free machines have paid me around $60 at the reject bin. best saves were '09VDB Wheat and AMERICAN PROSPECTOR ENGLEHARD 1988 1 TROY OUNCE .999 SILVER. no gold, but lots of screws, nuts, foil, paper clips, ear rings and everything else folks will try to run through a COIN machine.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a year of checking coin stars reject trays I finally found some silver. Got a 64 Rosie that was hidden standing on edge in the corner of the reject slot. last week I found over $2 in various clad coins the week before. I pretty much check coin stars whenever I see them.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check a coin star at a Walmart this evening and pulled out two quarters. First was a 65 that got me mad because I was oh so close. The second one though made it worthwhile as it was a 1952 quarter. My 2nd ever silver coinstar find.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Checked a coin star in Summit County CO yesterday (while my indulgent wife gave me side eye!) and found a newer cent and a 63 Rosie! She says "how much is that worth?" Me: " a buck for the silver, a bit more as a coin" her: humph!

LoL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread