machine that will separate out the 90% silver quarters?...

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that someone with electronic and mechanical skills could alter a Ryedale type machine to do just such a thing.

sjlund

Dec 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin counter at my dump bank rejects silver of nearly all types (not sure on war nicks though...)

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call a local td bank with a penny arcade, ask them to check the manufacturer of the machine... Might cost you a arm and a leg, but it sorts silver out 50/50.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you are getting $500 bags you will be wasting your time and money. Silver quarters stick out like a sore thumb!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Unless you are getting $500 bags you will be wasting your time and money. Silver quarters stick out like a sore thumb!

Joe beat me to it. You'll be going through a LOT of quarters, and likely never make back the money spent on the machine. Year before last I hit quarters hard. Went through $11,270 of them. Ended up with 3 silver quarters.

OP
OP

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Joe beat me to it. You'll be going through a LOT of quarters, and likely never make back the money spent on the machine. Year before last I hit quarters hard. Went through $11,270 of them. Ended up with 3 silver quarters.

Well, I'm doing a little better than you are. It only took me 8 boxes to find 3 silver quarters. I'm concentrating on quarters now because, for me, the dimes have been terrible. In the last 10 boxes of dimes I've found only one mercury dime. Frustrating!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm doing a little better than you are. It only took me 8 boxes to find 3 silver quarters. I'm concentrating on quarters now because, for me, the dimes have been terrible. In the last 10 boxes of dimes I've found only one mercury dime. Frustrating!

1. Buy 8 boxes
2. Find 3 silver quarters
3. Buy expensive sorting machine
4. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
5. Profit

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
90% of the work is getting the rolls open. It should take 2-3 seconds to check the roll to see if there is silver in it or not, like I said silver quarters stick out like sore thumbs. What are you gaining by buying a silver quarter sorting machine? You will be spending MORE time and putting wear and tear on an expensive machine costing you alot more money than will be gained from any silver you find. That's my expert opinion anyways!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread