I saw Benjiman today...

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So walking around to many banks I manage to pick up one 1967 JFK half dollar. At the last boa, I asked the teller if she has any half dollars. She opened her drawer and pulled out two or three half dollars and was looking over them. I noticed one of them was a franklin half, but! She put it back in the drawer and said only 1$... Taking a knife to my heart ,I pulled out my wallet and forked over a dollar.... Would have been my first Benjiman, today is a sad day... Anyhow I'll go bak Tommrow and ask again, maybe she didn't know that was a half dollar or something....

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, she knew. She was a sniping teller. be sure to give her plenty of halves to go through in the near future.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sadly I don't have a boA account..

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, she knew. She was a sniping teller. be sure to give her plenty of halves to go through in the near future.
Oh god the ther day while in a bank I asked for halves and they had none... After I asked a very old man walked up and turned in like 8 rolls of them. After tht I got back in line and asked if he had just brought any in and the teller lied right to my face and said oh no he brought in dollar coins and sent me away....smh

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh god the ther day while in a bank I asked for halves and they had none... After I asked a very old man walked up and turned in like 8 rolls of them. After tht I got back in line and asked if he had just brought any in and the teller lied right to my face and said oh no he brought in dollar coins and sent me away....smh

That is when you dig up that courage and ask the person if you can buy the coins off them directly.

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'd have called the teller out on the lie. Probably wouldn't have helped, but I would have felt better.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So walking around to many banks I manage to pick up one 1967 JFK half dollar. At the last boa, I asked the teller if she has any half dollars. She opened her drawer and pulled out two or three half dollars and was looking over them. I noticed one of them was a franklin half, but! She put it back in the drawer and said only 1$... Taking a knife to my heart ,I pulled out my wallet and forked over a dollar.... Would have been my first Benjiman, today is a sad day... Anyhow I'll go bak Tommrow and ask again, maybe she didn't know that was a half dollar or something....

:coffee2: As markmopar said, I would have told her, you have 3 halfs not 2. I want to buy them all. If she still refused, than I would asked the branch manager why I couldn't buy all 3 from her. After all you had nothing to lose.
HH
Gary

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:coffee2: As markmopar said, I would have told her, you have 3 halfs not 2. I want to buy them all. If she still refused, than I would asked the branch manager why I couldn't buy all 3 from her. After all you had nothing to lose.
HH
Gary

i'll keep that in mind, the next time im in any BOA. I remembered I do have a Credit Card with them...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread