Good February

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Found multiple silvers in 11 consecutive boxes. In that streak I had a total of 18 enders including 1 roll with a double ender (only my second) and an Atlanta Olympics soccer ender (only my second commemorative ender). Also had a single Bender. Overall a great month for me. Scored a new best box ever for me with 40 silvers. Also had boxes of 28 and 29 silvers. Almost all 40%ers - found exactly 15 40%ers for every 1 1964. Did find a handful of Ben's but no Walkers. Unfortunately the last week of the month slowed down and I fear I'm back to a normal pace from here on out. We'll see. Work is slowing down a little so I'm going to try and get out and find some dimes/nickels/pennies in March. Have done very little to start the year on those.

Upvote 0

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found multiple silvers in 11 consecutive boxes. In that streak I had a total of 18 enders including 1 roll with a double ender (only my second) and an Atlanta Olympics soccer ender (only my second commemorative ender). Also had a single Bender. Overall a great month for me. Scored a new best box ever for me with 40 silvers. Also had boxes of 28 and 29 silvers. Almost all 40%ers - found exactly 15 40%ers for every 1 1964. Did find a handful of Ben's but no Walkers. Unfortunately the last week of the month slowed down and I fear I'm back to a normal pace from here on out. We'll see. Work is slowing down a little so I'm going to try and get out and find some dimes/nickels/pennies in March. Have done very little to start the year on those.

:3coins: Nice finds, you've seem to have hit a silver vein. Ride it hard. Any 1970s in the 40%s or 1955 in the Bens?
HH
Gary

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck to you! I haven't hunted hardley at all this year, so I'm glad someone is having some luck with halves! :)

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Thanks Boris - February made up for a pitiful January.

Gary - Nothing noteworthy other than the Atlanta commemorative half. No hard to find Franklins, no proof 40%ers, no business strike '76-S silvers. Just a boat load of average 40%ers. I'm trying to build a set of NIFC 40%ers but seem to have hit a wall. I have the '70-S, two '70-D's, and 3 or 4 '76-S business strikes. I can't seem to find a '68-S, '69-S or a '76-S Proof 40%ers. I'm half way to the 40% grand slam.

Thanks for looking.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Boris - February made up for a pitiful January.

Gary - Nothing noteworthy other than the Atlanta commemorative half. No hard to find Franklins, no proof 40%ers, no business strike '76-S silvers. Just a boat load of average 40%ers. I'm trying to build a set of NIFC 40%ers but seem to have hit a wall. I have the '70-S, two '70-D's, and 3 or 4 '76-S business strikes. I can't seem to find a '68-S, '69-S or a '76-S Proof 40%ers. I'm half way to the 40% grand slam.

Thanks for looking.

I would've thought that you would find the 1968-S first! I see that posted on here a lot (and it's currently the only silver proof half dollar I've found before)!

Maybe you'll get the other 3 before the year is over!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread