Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well you did good ..I have no idea on grading either .. I have had really poor luck with crh ..

OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg
image.jpg
Any idea on grading? Worth anymore than the silver value?

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
worth only silver value, bud....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Like i said i have no idea on grading … But i do know that is only silver value …

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up $350 cwr and 1 box of dimes the other day. Came out with a 64 P, 46 D, and a 50 S from the cwr
Only one 64 D from the box. This is my best dime hunt I have gotten! Unfortunately the 50 S is not in great condition but i dont know how grading works anyways

:3coins: Congrats on the silver. It's always nice to get silver from either cwr or mwr. Go to your local library reference desk, ask them for the red book on US coins. In the book in the front of each section it describes the coin & gives you different grading for each coin. It also gives you the mintage for each coin. If you want you can go to your local coin store & buy a copy of the book there. It comes in either hard cover or paperback. The paperback is cheaper. I use a 2010 edition myself.
HH
Gary

Last edited:

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:3coins: Congrats on the silver. It's always nice to get silver from either cwr or mwr. Go to your local library reference desk, ask them for the red book on US coins. In the book in the front of each section it describes the coin & gives you different grading for each coin. It also gives you the mintage for each coin. If you want you can go to your local coin store & buy a copy of the book there. It comes in either hard cover or paperback. The paperback is cheaper. I use a 1910 edition myself.
HH
Gary

so how so you look up coins 1911 and newer?

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sure CW3 meant to say the "2010- Edition". Local coin shops usually have older out-dated RED BOOKS for reduced sale if your only looking for the basics of grading coins.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
To CW3-US ARMY: what was your MOS as a CW3? I myself was a 1LT.US Army Corps of Engineers. Yours ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread