Pre-Screened Halves and a hole in the head

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
CRH FNG here-

I went to a bank this morning and asked for a roll of halves. The teller, very nicely said, "Sure, I have one roll, have a seat and I'll be back in a couple of minutes, it's in the vault."

So I sat there for a few minutes while she finished something she was already doing.

When she returned from the vault I could tell she was going through the roll. She called me back up to the window as she was dropping the last couple of coins back into the roll.

Obviously I didn't get anything worth a darn in the roll, just this hole in the head... and it wasn't even a finished hole at that.

Is this the norm? Are the bank folks culling out anything worth a darn?

Hole in the head.jpg

Upvote 0

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would if I could... she also could of just been checking to make sure it was indeed 10$

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
unless you see silver and the teller taking it out, or the coins given to you without the silver. Then No.

Last edited:

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CRH FNG here-

I went to a bank this morning and asked for a roll of halves. The teller, very nicely said, "Sure, I have one roll, have a seat and I'll be back in a couple of minutes, it's in the vault."

So I sat there for a few minutes while she finished something she was already doing.

When she returned from the vault I could tell she was going through the roll. She called me back up to the window as she was dropping the last couple of coins back into the roll.

Obviously I didn't get anything worth a darn in the roll, just this hole in the head... and it wasn't even a finished hole at that.

Is this the norm? Are the bank folks culling out anything worth a darn?

View attachment 1126417

The one time I tried to get rolls from the teller at a new bank here in town, the teller said, "SURE! We just ahd some dropped off!"

She then pulled the coins out and "insisted" that she count them out of each roll in front of me, and clearly was inspecting each one for the date. It was stupid.

Yeah, they do that.

Skippy

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
someone was making a bad joke about kennedy it seems... ;)

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
The one time I tried to get rolls from the teller at a new bank here in town, the teller said, "SURE! We just ahd some dropped off!"

She then pulled the coins out and "insisted" that she count them out of each roll in front of me, and clearly was inspecting each one for the date. It was stupid.

Yeah, they do that.

Skippy

Next time she starts that, tell her you're in a hurry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread