Being Friendly > Being account holder

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just called the bank that has been hooking it up with boxes even tho im not a member. I asked if they normally get just 2 boxes and if it would be ok to get more, and yup! 2k coming in next week, so now have separate carriers for dump/pickup.. bout time.. this bank is a lil ways away but there is a branch close, probably were I will go and open a account anyway.

Trying to not get too excited, out of the 2 boxes one had like 1 40% the other box was loaded, and the past couple single boxes were minimal finds as well, it will just be nice to get a steady system again

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a bank is super cooperative toward your hobby as this one is, then IMO you owe them all the business you can bring them.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The question is, do they know you dont have an account with them. They might perceive you as having an account. Now if they know you dont have an account, i do believe you need to be extra nice to that branch. Say a box of sweets or a dozen Donuts, as reward for their awesomeness.

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^^ Kinda my guess.. it just never came up, part of the reason i want to go ahead and open a account

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Just called the bank that has been hooking it up with boxes even tho im not a member. I asked if they normally get just 2 boxes and if it would be ok to get more, and yup! 2k coming in next week, so now have separate carriers for dump/pickup.. bout time.. this bank is a lil ways away but there is a branch close, probably were I will go and open a account anyway.

Trying to not get too excited, out of the 2 boxes one had like 1 40% the other box was loaded, and the past couple single boxes were minimal finds as well, it will just be nice to get a steady system again

I was in the same boat with a super-friendly head teller. I could never tell whether she knew I didn't have an account, and was careful not to give anything away. The awkward part was when I was ready to open an account; I 'confessed' to her that I didn't have an account, but that I wanted to open one. She said she knew all along. :laughing7:

If a bank is super cooperative toward your hobby as this one is, then IMO you owe them all the business you can bring them.

Definitely what Arkie said. Over time I gave them more and more business, and my relationship with them is great; has opened the door to more opportunities than I would have believed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread