Reject chute bonanza

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to dump some halves today but the coin counter was out of order. Checked the reject chute and found that it was heavily backed up. Since I wasn't able to dump any coins I could not spend time pulling everything out, but still found about $10 in clad plus a euro.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426197710.070760.jpg

Some comfort for all my skunk boxes.

Upvote 0

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why you were not able to take it all? Who will know you did not dumped?

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it was their fault it was out of order. The least they should do is pay for time and gas.....lol

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be clear, the machine was out of order when I got there. The bank was empty and I had already asked the tellers if the machine was down, so it was a bit awkward already to be scooping coins out of the chute (none had dropped to the tray). I didn't want to push my luck. The machine is supposed to be fixed today and I could go back, but I assume that the tech will clear out the chute. The rest of the stuff in the chute is probably a bunch of zincolns, but you never know what may have been jammed up in there.

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since my curiosity about the rest of the coins in the chute was killing me, I went back today and the machine was working. At first I was pleasantly surprised to see that there were still a lot of coins in the reject chute, but the let down when I realized it was just a bunch of zincolns and a clad quarter. Along with my halves, I fed the cents and the quarter back through the machine. Turns out the machine did not count any cents at all - no big deal since they weren't mine in the first place. This is still my favorite branch for finding clad and foreign. It has never produced silver, but I've found a lot of clad dollar coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread