was this a good deal?

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"This machine sorts pennies at a rate of 18,000 per minute."
Damn, that is hard to believe, but what do I know.

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
who would have that many pennies. Ok, I do but I prefer to sort by hand so I can find the good ones. I guess if you like it maybe it's a good deal.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
I mean anyone who knows or as purchased a rye Dale.
Is this a good price for this model

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I bought one years ago when copper prices were high straight from the source, the creator of Rye Dale. I paid $500 for it. I made around $300 profit in copper penny sales. But I haven't gone back to penny sorting in a long while. The wheel part does need to be changed after a while as it jams occasionally so I can't just feed and walk away. Not a bad machine. Do it if you like it. The machine mentioned is sold so maybe you bought it.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of older members have them. I think you got a good deal.

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id like to see this thing work... Just curious. Ill try the 'tube later... Hope it does the trick for ya!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great deal for the sorter. Only problem is that the copper penny market has pretty much gone in the toilet over the last couple years. Used to be able to sell for 2 cents+/each on eBay, and you're lucky to find a buyer at all for them since the price of copper tanked.
I'm old school and like to search by hand so I don't miss errors/varieties which the Rydale will certainly miss.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
The Ryedale machines from Pennysorter.com are good at what they are designed to do. That is sorting .950
copper cents from the .950 zinc. If you run into problems, Andy has addressed many of the more common problems caused by wear and age on his website. Realcent.org has, in a "members only" part of their forum, a section dedicated to comments on Ryedale and other sorters. I hope this machine serves you well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread