Solid box + a bonus :)

JoseyWales23

Jan 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up 2 boxes today, first was a skunk, 2nd was solid.

There were 2 40% enders showing. All told, the box yielded 18 40%. No 90%, but I'll take 18 silvers in a box any day :)

When I went to cash them in, I stopped at a TD bank about 10 miles away. I've been trying to spread the dumps out, both to avoid getting them back, but also to give tellers at each location a break. Anyway, of course the bag filled up, and when the teller changed I noticed the reject slot was pretty well filled with coins. He let me throw them in with my coins, but I sifted through them before dropping them in. Along with a few foreign coins, I also happened upon a first for me. 2 silver washington - a 1964 and a 1961! Needless to say I was pretty pumped to have gotten those. An extra $5 in clad didn't hurt, either ;)

I love this hobby lol, I really enjoy the thrill of finding these old coins .

Upvote 0

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gotta love that PVC tube being at only -10 degree angle.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your title made me think you had a solid box of silver! Like every coins in it was silver. 18 is still good though. I would take almost a full roll of silver per box any day.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also came in thinking you found a solid box!

OP
OP
J

JoseyWales23

Jan 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your title made me think you had a solid box of silver! Like every coins in it was silver. 18 is still good though. I would take almost a full roll of silver per box any day.

haha whupps - yeah if it was a SOLID box... not sure I would have made it on here to be able to post LOL

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How is it even possible to have a SOLID box? Unless it came from a FED bag that was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY in the back of the vault. Also having escaped inspection, when they pulled Silver from circulation.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Collection dump. A very large collection dump. While not impossible to get a solid box. You probably have a better chance of winning the lottery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread