What would you guys do?

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So over a month I've accumulated $163 in Ike's. I've sorted the valuable varieties out. My local coin shop pays $1.10 for each one. My question to you guys is would you hold onto these for the future expecting them to become worth more or would you sell them for $1.10 Nd get rid of them?
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's $16 in profit. Take the cash. I don't think my LCS would pay 90c for them.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell, and quickly before the owner of the coin shop changes his mind.

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leave them as tips whenever you eat out. Your waiter or waitress will think you left them a million dollars.

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Ike Idea:

Tanner and I have been toying with this idea, but have not followed trough with it yet. Near our cabin in Michigans UP there was a flee marked that had a display selling "Lucky Silver Dollars" for $10 each. The guy had a crappy hand written sign and said he sold quite a few of them ($9 profit)

We made a nicer sign and want to make a little display and take it to a few antique dealers and see if they can sell them for $5 each. We would put 10 ikes in flip cards and sell the display and coins to an to the antique dealer for $10. If he sells them he makes a profit. If he does not he is not out any money, time etc. If he wants more Ikes our number will be on the back of the sign and we can sell them to him for $2 each.

We think it is worth a try. To average members of the public these "Lucky Silver Dollars" may be worth it. We also know a party store owner who might put the display on his counter. What do you guys think? If you want to try it you self feel free to use our sign

Attachments

• Ikes for sale.JPG
    Ikes for sale.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 118

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Circulated ones that aren't varieties aren't going to rise up in value much at all. Sell and keep searching.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I was excited when my LCS said he'd give me $1.00 for them. A hassle free dump. For $1.10 I'd sell them all.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
I would sell

Here is a rule I follow:
If I check a coin price in the Red Book,
and Red Book says it is worth face value (like common circulated Ike dollars)
then I would jump at the chance to sell them for any kind of profit.

Will these coins every be worth more?
Nobody know what the future holds, but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take the $1.10. Find more and repeat. If you can find Ike's on the regular, and your LCS continues buying at that price, that's a real easy way to make money.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell or use for tips. :cat:

Or better yet, use the profits and buy goodies for your banks. Your investment in sweets will come back many times over in months to come whether it be easier ordering, dumping, and relationships!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread