retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone,
I've been doing CRH for a couple of months now and hit one good box of dimes that included 5 Rosies and 5 Mercs; my one and only great haul. It was definitely enough to get me hooked completely!! Today, I went through 1 box of halves and I still can't comprehend everything I got. I have no idea what they are worth, but they sure look good. It includes 8 Walking Liberties, 21 Franklins, and 169 Kennedy halves (21 of them are '64s which are the last year before they dropped to 40% silver). Here are some pictures...thanks for looking...Brad Ben Backs.jpg Ben Ender.jpg Ben Franklin Front.jpg Kennedy Side View.jpg Kennedys Top Down View.jpg Walking Liberty Back.jpg Walking Liberty Ender.jpg Walking Liberty Front.jpg

Upvote 0

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazing score, what a lucky box! To me, it looks like today when silver is $16.67/oz, the silver value alone of the halves are around $666.35 for $99 FV invested. That doesn't include the numismatic/collector value of the Walkers or Franklins. Congrats on the find. I hope you savored it because it will likely be a long time before you come across another that great!

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! Congrats!

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I'm smiling and YOU FOUND IT!! Just think I would probably be picked up the the EMS crew and them giving me CPR...Great find, enjoy it.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazin'..........congrats.........!!!!!

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a dream box and if we actually did banner votes in this forum, then I would vote banner...but we don't. Congrats

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Nice finds there. Maybe that box has a companion box coming in next week! Good luck and congrats on getting a dream box. They aren't seen very often in a CRH's search.

Maine_Jim

JoseyWales23

Jan 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a score, amazing! Not only is that an incredible amount of coins, the walkers and the franklins look in really good shape, too!

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! That's like opening a treasure chest! Maybe you can pick up one or two more of those soon!!!

HH

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does it always rain silver in Virginia? freakin' incredible score!!!!!!

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What can you say that already has been said...Wow! Great! Awesome! Banner! I say: Hope you find another real soon!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread