Called boa, they said $2000 mini. Order

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wth? This is a branch I ordered before, the first time I was at the branch and asked about ordering a box, and the cs/teller was super nice and placed the order for me. This time I called and spoke to someone and she gave me the usual oh blah blah blah there is a $2000 minimum, you can't just order one box. Needless to say I told her that is fine, and gave her my account information. Now I'm expecting 2500$ in halves on Tuesday 2000$ from one branch and 500 from another... Now let's talk about dumping.".....:BangHead:

Upvote 0

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a fan of BOA for many reasons. One is their lack of consistency when it comes to customer service. IMO they severely lack good management and any consistency in customer service. I go elsewhere even if I have to go farther away...Brad

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet you a dollar that you get dollar coins. Most banks will usually order two boxes of halves. If you get one box a week they hold the other for next week. I've always been told $1000 minimum. With the limit she gave you I bet it's 2 boxes of gold dollars.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bet you a dollar that you get dollar coins. Most banks will usually order two boxes of halves. If you get one box a week they hold the other for next week. I've always been told $1000 minimum. With the limit she gave you I bet it's 2 boxes of gold dollars.

I hope not,because she repeated back to me half dollars. Lol if that is the case it's their fault and I'm not picking up those dollar coins...

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not a fan of BOA for many reasons. One is their lack of consistency when it comes to customer service. IMO they severely lack good management and any consistency in customer service. I go elsewhere even if I have to go farther away...Brad

I agree, out of the 8 branches I've been to, ordering from three has been great. Cs is outstanding. There is one boa in the city, they won't order me coins. Even gave me a fit when I picked up rolls of dimes. Today I went to dump 100$ of halves in mint rolls, they made me write my account # on each roll. The head teller is a total dick. My pick up bank in the city is awesome, they're getting me one box every week. I guess a box of DD, goes a long way. This week I picked up for two boa in Brooklyn, and they have been great so far. When I picked up I asked if it was for them to put in a order for next week. They were super cool, nice and ok about it. Cs, all depends on location and people, you can drive to one boa where cs is super out of this world awesome but go to the next one and they give you the look of you ain't worth their time..

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the couriers generally like to ship in even numbers and my banks always needed me to order 2 boxes.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, some banks don't have as much business as others so they're required to have less coin inventory.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So order the $2000 in halves, then just pick up a box at a time. They didn't say you had to pick it all up at one time did they?

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So order the $2000 in halves, then just pick up a box at a time. They didn't say you had to pick it all up at one time did they?

No they did not, lol. However I might pick up 1000$ Next week and save another 1000 for the following week. If they want me to pick up all 2k I'm ok with it, I don't want to lose a pick up bank.

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, if you order the 2k, can you drop off the remainder that aren't worth keeping back to the bank without a prob???? Thanks for the help.... Looking to start up in this area of Coin Collecting as well as MD'ing...

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, if you order the 2k, can you drop off the remainder that aren't worth keeping back to the bank without a prob???? Thanks for the help.... Looking to start up in this area of Coin Collecting as well as MD'ing...

You will need to drop them off at another bank or branch. Picking up from Bank A, then returning a day or two late with what you picked up to drop off will get you cut off from the bank.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to read the beginner's guide. Alot simpler than asking a thousand questions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread