Question about dump banks

Sapper1371

Greenie
Mar 26, 2015
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, I've been lurking around here for almost a year now and finally decided to make an account. I've been doing a little bit of CRH here and there but no more than $40 at a time. My question is when you refer to a dump bank, is that a completely different branch than the bank you picked up from? For example, if you pick up at one BOA, do you drop your dumps off at another BOA or switch banks up completely? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Hey everyone, I've been lurking around here for almost a year now and finally decided to make an account. I've been doing a little bit of CRH here and there but no more than $40 at a time. My question is when you refer to a dump bank, is that a completely different branch than the bank you picked up from? For example, if you pick up at one BOA, do you drop your dumps off at another BOA or switch banks up completely? Thanks in advance.

Always dump at different banks not just different branches. This way your not dumping into your supply , plus if a teller works at one and sees you picking up, and the other bank a different day it could blow up your spot

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Different branch or bank, however dumping into a different bank does not guarantee that you are mixing your supply. It all depends on the courier. Let's say you pick up at a boa then dump at a td bank/chase/ citi. Etc. if they all use the same courier, you're still dumping into your supply.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have BOA branches that I pick up from...and different BOA branches I dump at. Mine only accept rolled coin and I always make sure I have 10 rolls rubber banded together to make it easier on the tellers. When dumping always be extra nice to the tellers. I have only had one bank ever not accept my dump.

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Different branch or bank, however dumping into a different bank does not guarantee that you are mixing your supply. It all depends on the courier. Let's say you pick up at a boa then dump at a td bank/chase/ citi. Etc. if they all use the same courier, you're still dumping into your supply.

Exactly, I buy from a bank that has Loomis as their carrier bring in all their coin and cash. I dump at a bank that uses Well Fargo as their carrier, so I'm pretty sure my dumped coins are not going to show up in my pick up bank. At least that is the theory . Three years ago I marked $500 in coins and have yet to see any of those coins in my boxes from my buy bank.

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
It does not matter in my area. All coins come from the same distribution center then delivered by brinks, loomis or garda. I have marked coins and dumped at a bank that uses garda and then found some of them picked up at a bank that uses brinks.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It does not matter in my area. All coins come from the same distribution center then delivered by brinks, loomis or garda. I have marked coins and dumped at a bank that uses garda and then found some of them picked up at a bank that uses brinks.

That is because you're not the only crher in the area. Someone else is picking up from your dump courier and dumping it back into your supply. Thinking he is mixing his supply. Lol

OP
OP
S

Sapper1371

Greenie
Mar 26, 2015
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the response everyone. I am thinking I am going to get an account with another bank as I have quite a few dimes in my possession and it would be quite awkward returning them to the same teller who gave them to me haha

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the response everyone. I am thinking I am going to get an account with another bank as I have quite a few dimes in my possession and it would be quite awkward returning them to the same teller who gave them to me haha

Never ever....I mean ever return your coins to the same bank you got them from. Different branches is fine..but never the same place you picked them up from.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions