Not sure what to do, Teller tray was a score the vault lot was skunk...

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went to the bank just to deposit a check and figured I would ask for a few rolls of nickels and halves.

Well the teller had a 1964 D and I said I would take it and the one teller beside her said I have one too. I purchased the 2 halves trying not to show my excitement over a 90%er! She then said I have some in the back as well. I asked how much and she said about 250 dollars worth. I had 20 dollars on hand and I said can I get 20 dollars worth. She brings them back out and they appear to be brink MWRs but rewrapped as though someone had searched them and deposited half a box.

The 20 dollars worth was a skunk and I think they are someone's dump but should I go back and purchase the rest?

Upvote 0

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they are probably dumps and yes you should get them all

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it probably is dumps, but the only way to be sure is to check, plus people make mistakes.. maybe they don't about 40%s? you never know.. and like jun said, maybe its not all dumps? ALWAYS BUY IT ALL.

silvereyes

Jan 7, 2011
You can never tell exactly whats in the vault . So you always buy them all and dump elsewhere if need be. Might be passing up a few solid silver rolls. We all search others dumps constantly in one form or another. HDH happy dump hunting :-)

OP
OP
S

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back and got the rest of the halves from the vault....$230 in haves total skunk. I did get 2 NIFC for my brother's folder so it wasn't a total waste i guess. Got $20 in nickels as well and it was skunk too. The teller was extremely happy I came back and bought them all she said "you have no idea how much I like you right now!" She the proceeded to ask what I collect. I've been in regularly picking up handfuls of coins so she knows I collect 3 types. I said nickels, haves and large dollar coins. She then asked what type of nickels so I told her anything pre1960. Who knows maybe I will get a phone call in the future if anything comes into her branch.

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Developing relationships with your banks is half the battle and it sounds like you're on track to have a teller keeping an eye out for you. Might want to leave your phone number with her if you haven't already, just so she can call you right away if anything comes in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread