Terms and Advice

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I see a couple of terms regularly and I'm not exactly sure what it is. CWR - does that stand for Customer Wrapped Roll meaning some Joe off the street wrapped his or her coins into rolls? If that is accurate, what the heck is a MWR?
Next question, I've done quite a bit of box ordering with really only 1 score, but it was a HUGE score. As far as getting loose rolls from the bank, what advice do you all have; do loose rolls, boxes, or a combination of both? Thoughts?...Brad

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do both. MWR means machine wrapped, which is what you get in boxes.

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Per your second question brad always buy them all. Or at least all the money you have with.

OP
OP
R

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice and clarification. I have only done boxes in the past, but I will try to mix it up and see what I can do...Brad

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I switched from mwr to cwr only because I had access to large amounts of coin, and chances of finding solid silver rolls are better. It's not too difficult to find banks that take in large amounts of customer-rolled coin, have them save it for you so it doesn't get shipped out.

I can search and re-roll $5 in (dimes) in less than 10 seconds. I return them rolled to the dump bank and never take a hit like what may happen with a coin counter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread