Finally cut off at bank.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it's been only 2months of crh almost... I get an average of $600 a day in coins and deposit at various wells Fargos in my area. I do this as a fun interesting hobby not to make money.... Well fargo thought it was appropriate to begin charging me for my coin deposit... $18 for $800 and I made no money at all on the $800. I'm in a dilemma idk what to do. Any help? I have a account at Wells Fargo nowhere else? Ugh very frustrating

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been sitting here for 5 minutes trying to figure out how to explain this to you......but I feel like it's going on deaf ears so i am not going to bother. I'll leave you with this one piece of advice: the less you tell your dump banks, or any bank for that matter, the better.
Deaf ears? really? I know what you guys are saying no need to explain, the banks know that they could charge us for coins now to stop me from dumping etc. But for now its all cleared up and good. I greatly appreciate your advice thank you! Btw nice ebay profile!

Last edited:

nighteagle

Greenie
May 24, 2015
Ma
Primary Interest:
Other
$600 - $1,000 per day after only two months is crazy, IMO. You've got to have a rock solid dump plan to move that much coin without getting cut off.
Or reported to the feds and the IRS. You don't think big brother is watching ? Ever hear of the patriot act ?
I dump my coins at a coinstar and swallow the fee .

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or reported to the feds and the IRS. You don't think big brother is watching ? Ever hear of the patriot act ?
I dump my coins at a coinstar and swallow the fee .

I don't mind "paying to play", but the coinstar fee would all but guarantee you can never come out ahead and most definitely would take all the fun out of the search. $22.25 to search a box of dimes and hope for maybe 1 silver Rosie? No thank you. $44.50 dump fee per box of halves? Forget it.

nighteagle

Greenie
May 24, 2015
Ma
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't mind "paying to play", but the coinstar fee would all but guarantee you can never come out ahead and most definitely would take all the fun out of the search. $22.25 to search a box of dimes and hope for maybe 1 silver Rosie? No thank you. $44.50 dump fee per box of halves? Forget it.

I know what your saying, and I kind of agree with you. But doing it my way sure beats getting a knock on the door.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't read through all the posts, but $600 is not a lot. I went into one of my wells fargo branches with 9k once lol. No problem

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't read through all the posts, but $600 is not a lot. I went into one of my wells fargo branches with 9k once lol. No problem

$600 is a lot if you do it 5 days a week for 2 months straight. It does help to read all the posts before commenting.

I bet if you dumped 9k at the same bank week after week you would be cut off pretty quick.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone here own a business? No questions asked if anyone has a commercial account. Order and dump at will, all at the same bank, no limits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread