Somebody needs to go back to SCHOOL

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up two dime boxes the other day, and also asked if there were any CWR's that may have come in during the week. She said she had about 10-rolls of quarters if I wanted them. Naturally I bought them all. Got the two boxes of dimes and the ten rolls of quarters, but the rolls looked larger than normal. At first I thought that they were slanted sideways or something stuck inside. That night checked out the rolls, they were all inserted correctly, but someone can't count at all. ALL THE ROLLS had fifty coins inside, making it a $12.50 roll. They probably were thinking of fifty pieces just like pennies & dimes. However, they still couldn't count straight, their loss because the bank only gave them $10 per roll. Got SKUNKED on the rolls, but made $2.50 * 10 = $25 profit. Getting $125 for $100, I could do that ALLLLLL DAY LONG.
P.S. dimes boxes got me 3-Rosie's total.

Upvote 0

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
take that 25$ head down to the LCS, and pick up any 1oz silver coins, rounds or what ever you can buy with 25$.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure helps to make up for the shortages that occasionally happen.

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's too funny, my last half dollars box had a few rolls that had a couple extra each.. waiting to dump to see what I made, I hope it something cause the box was skunky

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
They still need to go back to SCHOOL.
Picked up some more CWR's along with two dime boxes on Saturday, for $122, of qtrs/dimes/nicks. Six rolls of qtrs were over stuffed again, along with four rolls of nicks. Either somebody has a lot of loose money laying around, OR, they just can't count. I came out with $127.50, but skunk on AG all the way around. But at least I made $5.50 on the deal.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They still need to go back to SCHOOL.
Picked up some more CWR's along with two dime boxes on Saturday, for $122, of qtrs/dimes/nicks. Six rolls of qtrs were over stuffed again, along with four rolls of nicks. Either somebody has a lot of loose money laying around, OR, they just can't count. I came out with $127.50, but skunk on AG all the way around. But at least I made $5.50 on the deal.

Definitely better than getting skunked :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread