Not even searching anymore and I receive a blessing from God above!!!

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy my fellow CRHers,

Some of you old timers may remember me from 3-5 years ago I posted quite a bit and had a lot of good finds but today's ranks right up there as the best!

I have been way too busy to CRH any boxes or rolls for about 2 years now because of my growing family and business responsibilities.

I ask occasionally if I am in the bank but usually never get anything more than a few clad halves. I didn't even ask for coins I was just depositing some checks when the teller today at my main bank asks me if I collect those dimes that say Mercury on them. I said absolutely, she checks her personal safe and not being in there she checks the other safe and produced the following: 20rollsmercs.JPG

20 solid rolls of mercs with a melt value of $1271 purchased for $100! She said she wasn't sure why he cashed these in but she thought of me and saved them for me. Of course I asked if he brought anything else in and she said no just $100 of dimes. I told her I collect anything and everything and if he brings anything else in I would happy to take them. I thanked her profusely and told her she was the best about 3 times. I am wondering what I should get for her?

I'll do a breakdown over the next few days if anyone is interested. I am a silver scavenger not a collector per se so what key dates should I be looking for?

HH,

$ilver$urfer:hello:

Upvote 0

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
50$ gift card would sure make a mark.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you want to look for 1942 over 1 variety. It's popular, and worth a pretty penny.

SWEET SCORE BUTT HEAD!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might keep an eye out for a 1916-D or two (lol !!) Seriously - go get a "Redbook" of U.S. coins -you'll be happy you did !
Monster score !!! - go buy that teller a gift card to a nicer area restaurant !

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic!

Not really much else to say. Haha

Great score!

HH

Vdubguy

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLY SHIZZZ Silversurfer
Man i wouldve had a heart attack right there-thats freakin one awesome score-
Big congrats
Hope the 16D is in there ;)

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some banks don't allow gratuities (financial compensation), but I'm sure the branch manager wouldn't mind if you brought lunch & dessert!

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should take up not searching myself.

Congrats!

jun808bug

Feb 11, 2014
Awesome find [emoji106]
Being nice to the tellers goes a long way. Even after 2 years, they'll remember you.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this doesnt make you to want to get back into the hobby idk what will! I dream of finding something like this lol and just to think how excited I was to find one merc lol

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Super fantastic find. Get her something very special, maybe jewelry, chocolates, flowers, but something bigger than donuts.

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What to say, what to say. I'm speechless as you are; maybe I'm as equally happy as you are right now...and I don't even have the coins in my collection LOL!

AWESOME!

I think I'll get some coins tomorrow..

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice haul! Silver mania has really hit a lull lately, and even those in the know are dumping collections due to low silver prices.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread