$200 worth and ordered my first box

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up the $200 that the bank had ordered. Got a 44 Walker, a 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 and 69. That was strange, 1 of each silver year except the 70 of course. Also got my first clad proof, A 1992S. Picking up my Redbook this weekend. What kind of value do proofs have anyway? I'm sure it depends on year and condition but is there a ballpark figure for a so-so proof that has been in circulation? (Hope I'm not asking a question that has been asked recently)

Attachments

• finds5-10.JPG
    finds5-10.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 197
Upvote 0

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I have not been able to get much selling my proofs---.60 to .75 cents if I'm lucky. Most are just too beat up and only worth face value, so instead I use them as a final bargaining piece when trading coins for coins.

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
Single proofs are a tough sell. I would just hold on to them until you get a roll or two and put it up on Ebay. I can get between 2 - 2.5 x face in large numbers. I also trade the proofs for a 40% to those that need to fill up their albums. Most CRH don't mind circulated proofs. What they really mind is paying more than face for them ;D

It is strange that the bank ordered $200 worth. How did that happen? Did they order a box and just sell you $200. If so go back and get the rest. Are you sure that there wasn't a Ben in the bunch?

Good Hunting

65GT350

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way it all came about is, a while back, I had the bank order me $100 worth as they don't carry any at the bank. The first lot I got was $60 as the whole $100 didn't come in. The following week I got the $40 balance. I did pretty good on those with a few Walkers, a Ben, a few 64's and some others so I had them order $200 worth for the next delivery. Out of that $200 I only got 1 40%er and a 2005. Then this $200 came in and didn't do too bad. Nope, no Ben in this lot. Anyway, the full, $500 box is supposed to be here next Thursday. I'll try those for a while and, if they produce , I'll probably bump it up to $1000 a week. So far there hasn't been a problem with the Credit Union taking back the re-rolled halves. Might take a road trip to a little mountain town that has 5 banks in it. It's an old mining town so might as well do some mining eh?

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats PB. Especially the Walker....my favorite! Good luck on the box too and I agree....go do a little mining....lol. Let us know how it turns out.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure will LJ. I agree, the Walker has got to be the neatest looking coin ever. I'm sure others like different coins for other reasons but I like the Walker. I even like the name, Walking Liberty, as if the coin itself had movement. The Buffalo is a close second.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread