Bank teller incident

citystacker

Aug 15, 2013
So a couple days ago, I went into a bank I go to once a week to pick up halves that customers have turned in, and almost always wind up with some silver, even the occasional Ben or Walker, and rarely a Barber. Well on this day the teller says, "oh I wish you had been here yesterday! A lady came in with several rolls of halves and large dollars!" I said so where are they? She says in the vault, how many of them do you want? I said I'll take the whole $60 and all the large dollars. After a while she returns and with an eye roll says, "next time I'll save them for you but I can't give you the ones in the vault-my supervisor says once they go in they can't give them to you." I said why not, at the other branch they go into the vault almost every week. So the other sup comes over and says we only give those to our customers, you only come in and exchange for them. I say I am a customer, let me go get my card. I return from the car with my card and ask if that will suffice. The lead sup comes over and says she will need to get permission from the manager to do it, and to have a seat. After about 10 minutes, the original teller comes and gets me and says we will deposit and withdraw, no problem, how much of it do you want? I say you said it was around 60-70-she says no it's well over 100-and I only had 90 on me-so I'll take 90, and return later for the rest. I get to the car and start unrolling silver deluxe-not solid rolls but about 1/3-1/2 rolls-mostly 40%. I return later and deposit 1000 and she brings the rest-220 including large dollars. The rest were pretty barren but the last roll was 1/2 silver! Total was 9-64's, a Walker, and 51-40%. Dollars were all clad, but I'll take'em. Was very happy with the haul. Made me think of the time about a year ago when I was at the other branch and they said according to there computer this branch had $300 in the vault, but when I asked them about it they said they had none! Wonder if the sups take the silver when no ones looking and divide it amongst themselves-explaining the mostly barren rolls, and reluctance to give me anything from the vault. The teller was happy I got them! Another teller asked me what I do with them-I said I collect them. I'll be back!!!!

Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shouldn't your title read "teller score". In the end you got a great score.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
! Wonder if the sups take the silver when no ones looking and divide it amongst themselves-explaining the mostly barren rolls, and reluctance to give me anything from the vault. The teller was happy I got them! Another teller asked me what I do with them-I said I collect them. I'll be back!!!!

No wondering about it- reminds me of a time i stopped at a bank and basically the same thing- the teller says oh ya we have $300 in halves in the vault- she goes to get them, then the manager comes over and asks why i want them and if it were for silver he knows there isn't any because they were deposited by a silver searcher- well i said thats ok ill take em- get home and the first $100 had 10franklins, 10 64s and 20 40%- the rest $200 had nothing, so no doubt about itthe manager haf been going through himself sniping the ag but hadnt got through all of it and was hoping id leave when he said it had already been searched-

Nice score for you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread