1st box if halfs

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first 3 boxes were skunks. That was about 400 ounces of silver ago.[emoji106]

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first 3 boxes were skunks. That was about 400 ounces of silver ago.[emoji106]

400 that's it? Lol. Nice! That's almost encouraging to go back and get another one. But I think the bank manager forgot I was there. She said she had you unlock the vault, she was gone for 25 minutes. And I had no receipt of my withdraw... someone had to go see where she was. I guess she could not get the vault door open. Oh well have to try at least once before I can get my second one!

This was at Wells Fargo. Their bankrolls were black/white wrapping instead of the normal yellow ones I see you guys have normally. Is there a difference in the color of wrappers? Or does it not matter?

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was at Wells Fargo. Their bankrolls were black/white wrapping instead of the normal yellow ones I see you guys have normally. Is there a difference in the color of wrappers? Or does it not matter?

Different wrappers are from different courier services- Loomis, Garda, Brinks etc

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1box skunk a waste of time huh?

Considering I have to list about 300 things on eBay. Oh well as long as I get on there before Christmas I'm happy. My son really enjoyed it for about the first 15 rolls and then said call me down here if you find anything!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't go well on the return. Wells Fargo requires you to roll them back up into rolls of 10. So I said no way and I'll go dump them in the credit union. Guess what they got stuck every time. In the machine. I got $60 in and gave up,

Soooo... I bought the kids dinner with the halfs. The 17 and 20-year-old people working there had no idea how to count them. So that was pretty amusing in itself! Somebody alongside the road was asking for money so I gave him a handful of about 15. I really don't think rerolling them as an option. I'm not that dang patient! It will be my spending money for the next three months. Maybe I'll try to pay my water bill with them that may be interesting...

Yard sale money for sure!

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Didn't go well on the return. Wells Fargo requires you to roll them back up into rolls of 10. So I said no way and I'll go dump them in the credit union. Guess what they got stuck every time. In the machine. I got $60 in and gave up,

Soooo... I bought the kids dinner with the halfs. The 17 and 20-year-old people working there had no idea how to count them. So that was pretty amusing in itself! Somebody alongside the road was asking for money so I gave him a handful of about 15. I really don't think rerolling them as an option. I'm not that dang patient! It will be my spending money for the next three months. Maybe I'll try to pay my water bill with them that may be interesting...

Yard sale money for sure!

Wow where to begin.
Maybe this is not the hobby for you. I am fairly new here myself and in the midst of my first double digget box skunk streak and multi week teller tray/cwr skunk streak. So I just doubled my orders for next week.
Last week I picked up 3 boxes from the same WF branch and all three boxes had different color wrappers. They were delivered by one carrier on the same day. Go figure.
There are no banks with coin counters anywhere around me so I HAVE to reroll.
It is just all part of the game.
Earlier this year I had a few great scores. A solid $20.00 CWR, a few solid $10.00 rolls. And very close to a dream box. I love opening a roll and seeing that silver rim (what a rush) wether it is 1 or 20 of them.
And feeling my heart beat a little faster when I see a teller handing me over a silver coin.
If you are not willing or able to live with the frustrations of this hobby maybe it is not the hobby for you.
Good luck.

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Waste of time. Lol. Found nothing. Boo! My son had fun though. Maybe next time.

My first 6 boxes of halves were skunks. Yeah, I remember I was discouraged; But then on my 7th box, I got two 40%'s. It's really about enjoying the hunt. Actually finding the silver--it's almost anticlimactic. I still crh because I enjoy the hunt. If you don't enjoy the hunt, this is not the hobby for you. 7up.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So many people come into this thinking it's easy money. Btw, halves are probably the easiest coins to roll. Only twenty per roll.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions