I half a dream...

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Good boxes have been far and few between for me this year but I finally got a great one last night! Opened up the box to find three 40% enders... didn't get my hopes up because I've had numerous boxes with multiple enders that yield just one or two more than what was showing.

Not this box! I got a few rolls in and suddenly nearly every roll had a silver in it... several had multiples. I came across my best roll from a box with five silvers. I've had two-week stretches without finding as much silver as was in this single roll.

Triples:

IMAG0676_1.jpg IMAG0675_1.jpg

Quadruples:

IMAG0684_1.jpg IMAG0682_1.jpg
IMAG0680_1.jpg IMAG0673_1.jpg
IMAG0678_1.jpg

Quintuple:

IMAG0667_1.jpg

After all was said and done, we came out with 53 silvers, 6x90% (including a '63 Franklin) and 47x40%, totaling 9.12 ounces. All of the rolls with enders had multiple silvers, and two out of the three had four of them.

IMAG0690_1.jpg

IMAG0691_1.jpg IMAG0694_1.jpg

To put it in perspective, this box had more silver than the months of January-February (54 boxes) or February-March (56 boxes). Hunting from January-March (82 boxes) yielded only 1.64 ounces and ONE more silver than this box.

It may also be worth noting that this was box #200 for the year (surpassing $100,000 searched in boxes). This will chalk up as my best box to date and will likely stand for a long time. I can't even imagine finding a FULL dream box when this was only HALF of a dream box. Twice the excitement I guess.

Happy hunting everyone!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet sweet box- man 1 day i hope to get such a box
Congrats

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work on the silver score. Better work on the title of the thread!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Good work on the silver score. Better work on the title of the thread!

Aw man! Well, I thought it was good on multiple levels... half = half dollar AND the box had just over 50 silvers so half of a dream box, plus the obvious play on "I have a dream"... so, "I half a dream!" No? Nobody???

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw man! Well, I thought it was good on multiple levels... half = half dollar AND the box had just over 50 silvers so half of a dream box, plus the obvious play on "I have a dream"... so, "I half a dream!" No? Nobody???

That's what I meant - I just didn't word it very well. Let me try again. You did good work on the silver score, but you did even better work on the title of the thread! :)

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score Avago!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice catch, whatever angle you look at. Congrats

johnnyv123

Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for continuing this thread, as no one has posted on it for almost 15 days, but I was doing the math based on my current statistics, and I have calculated that you have a 0.0401% chance of finding a roll with 5 silvers. That equates to about one every 2500 rolls. Pretty impressive, and congrats on the dream box!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread