How LOW will AG go ????

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I have no idea on how low it will go, but every week i keep ordering 2 boxes and take the silver I can find. Some weeks zip, others OK and every so often a great box. I'm lucky that I don't need to cash in my silver, but also will attempt to buy some silver from the coins shop if they are priced well. When silver dropped to close to $20 an oz I bought some and now it hit below $15 I will buy some more if I can. I will stock up as much as I can.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It wont go under 14$. If that happens, it will shut all the mines down. The Super elite is forcing it down so they can stock up. I believe they force it down buy what they can, then let it rise again. Repeat the process till they have enough to wedge against what is coming. Wait another two months, and I will bet that silver will jump back to the 16-17 range, then steadily up to 20-25 by end of the year. Dozer, HANG in there!

Pete_Iredale

Jul 1, 2015
SW Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't really see any reason to think it won't keep falling. It was only $5 an ounce for 30 years after all. We had a huge bubble, and it's slowly been falling ever since. Also, I'm not convinced that hording silver for some impending economic catastrophe will really help. You can't eat it, drink it, smoke it or wipe your butt with it, so who will want it?

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as the dollar (or the public confidence in the dollar) remains strong, silver will languish in the 14 to 17 dollar range.............
The problem the world has is that there is no other currency that can take the place of the dollar as the standard...........that will inhibit all of us "smaller speculators" for the foreseeable future.
All that being said..........I'm still buying and holding all that I can...................

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
I used to think the floor for the price of any commodity was the cost of production. Then, some years ago, there was a plummet in the price of copper and it dipped below that "bottom."

How is such a thing possible? African producing nations needed dollars to badly they were willing to produce and sell copper for less than it cost them. They paid their costs in local currency and sold on the world market for dollars.

Having seen that, I'm forced to conclude that at least in the short run there is no floor. And the lower the price gets, the more they producers need to produce to generate the previous amount of income, and the oversupply just drives the price lower.

Did I cheer you up?

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't really see any reason to think it won't keep falling. It was only $5 an ounce for 30 years after all. We had a huge bubble, and it's slowly been falling ever since. Also, I'm not convinced that hording silver for some impending economic catastrophe will really help. You can't eat it, drink it, smoke it or wipe your butt with it, so who will want it?
So, you've never heard of -

Ten ways to use colloidal silver's amazing healing abilities - NaturalNews.com

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
We use it. On our dogs and ourselves.
Good on minor wounds but after dental extractions the dogs get it on the sites too.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lower it goes drives the crh competition down. Good for me because I do not hoard but bad for all the stakers.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea on how low it will go, but every week i keep ordering 2 boxes and take the silver I can find. Some weeks zip, others OK and every so often a great box. I'm lucky that I don't need to cash in my silver, but also will attempt to buy some silver from the coins shop if they are priced well. When silver dropped to close to $20 an oz I bought some and now it hit below $15 I will buy some more if I can. I will stock up as much as I can.

It's Def, a Buyers Market at this Time.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it every few months when this exact same topic keeps coming up and everyone pretends to be an expert on precious metals commodities (which doesn't exist, by the way). I remember the last time it was below $15 an ounce. Except the name of the thread was "How HIGH will Ag go?" Which proves my point that none of us, even the "experts" have any clue where it will go. I just hope it doesn't go lower, because I learned my lesson when I held onto my silver like a greedy idiot when it was at $35/oz. and watched it go down to $27 before I sold it. At least I sold it then and not now. Now I sell it as if find it, as soon as I get even a reasonably sized lot to put up on eBay or Craig's list (which is usually only a roll of 40s or a half dozen 90s sometimes). "A bird in hand", ladies and gents is wise advice! Just my 2 cents.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
badbbluff:

"....everyone pretends to be an expert on precious metals commodities (which doesn't exist, by the way)."

It's an old saying: "How do you make a small fortune speculating in commodities?"

"Start with a large one."

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look at an inflation-adjusted graph of the price of silver, its pretty much a straight line sans 2 spikes: the Hunt Bros. thing in ~1980 and the recent economic crisis. That graph suggests that the price of silver should be ~$10 and I expect it to get there.

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
Well i watched gold go down $37.00 an oz in less than a minute. Doesn't look good for silver ethier. Blows my mind how it just keeps going down.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
When I first worked for a bank in 1963, the price of silver had just jumped from the formerly fixed price of 91 cents in 1961 to $1.29.
Soon, I was selling $1 silver certificates for over $1.50 due to now defunct piece of silver legislation. More recently, I got out at $40 and have been lurking ever since; setting my reentry level at $12. So while others continue to stack (and are most likely continuing to 'average down' their losses (if they sold), I hold equities and await silver at $12--though there is no magic in that number.
Don....
PS: $14.63 last quote

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it every few months when this exact same topic keeps coming up and everyone pretends to be an expert on precious metals commodities (which doesn't exist, by the way). I remember the last time it was below $15 an ounce. Except the name of the thread was "How HIGH will Ag go?" Which proves my point that none of us, even the "experts" have any clue where it will go. I just hope it doesn't go lower, because I learned my lesson when I held onto my silver like a greedy idiot when it was at $35/oz. and watched it go down to $27 before I sold it. At least I sold it then and not now. Now I sell it as if find it, as soon as I get even a reasonably sized lot to put up on eBay or Craig's list (which is usually only a roll of 40s or a half dozen 90s sometimes). "A bird in hand", ladies and gents is wise advice! Just my 2 cents.

LOL Baddbluff I was just thinking of all the people yelling to buy all you can at 35 dollars an ounce and hoarding like mad. I dumped mine when I tried to explain the "bird in the hand" mentality. Also tried to explain that buying at 35 an ounce would have to go to 70/ounce to double your money so just CRH and stack, but don't buy.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
badbbluff:

"....everyone pretends to be an expert on precious metals commodities (which doesn't exist, by the way)."

It's an old saying: "How do you make a small fortune speculating in commodities?"

"Start with a large one."

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

To me stacking silver at home is very small potatoes commodities trading, i wouldn't even consider it such. You make money in commodities trading by trading contracts and using your minimal money to control hundreds of thousands of ounces, then when it goes up a penny you make a ton.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver/Gold is a long term investment, if you want to flip stuff to make/lose money left or right try the stock market.

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
When I first worked for a bank in 1963, the price of silver had just jumped from the formerly fixed price of 91 cents in 1961 to $1.29.
Soon, I was selling $1 silver certificates for over $1.50 due to now defunct piece of silver legislation. More recently, I got out at $40 and have been lurking ever since; setting my reentry level at $12. So while others continue to stack (and are most likely continuing to 'average down' their losses (if they sold), I hold equities and await silver at $12--though there is no magic in that number.
Don....
PS: $14.63 last quote

That is why I love CRH no matter what the price of silver is I am buying it at FV

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread