All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437532058.420732.jpg

Upvote 0

Pete_Iredale

Jul 1, 2015
SW Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you basically lose money doing that though, since you have to sell below spot and buy above spot? I guess I just don't understand getting rid of US silver coinage just to buy different silver coinage. They are shinny and pretty though, no doubt about it!

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pete, Everyone has different goals/thoughts/ideas on US common silver vs .9999 vs collectible. People collect/stack for different reasons. As for valuation of his trade...we have no idea. If he went to a dealer, he probably did lose some perceived value...that's how dealers make money. But there are other ways to make trades and there are people (like me) that own .9999 rounds but prefer junk silver. I think you and I are similar in thought regarding junk silver vs .9999 but I'd say we are the minority. You might not get that impression from a CRHing forum but CRHers don't represent the majority of collectors/stackers.

OO

OP
OP
Darth Walker

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I see it is that each Eagle just cost me about $1.50 because I paid with 3 90% halfs for each eaglw. I have also this theory that ASE will become scare in the future more than any other silver coin. But good comments anyway from all of you.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I see it is that each Eagle just cost me about $1.50 because I paid with 3 90% halfs for each eaglw. I have also this theory that ASE will become scare in the future more than any other silver coin. But good comments anyway from all of you.

Hi Darth, I'm genuinely curious about your theory on ASE's becoming scarce. I enjoy hearing theories on the future value of precious metals and coins. If you care to share, I'd be interested :)

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Darth, I'm genuinely curious about your theory on ASE's becoming scarce. I enjoy hearing theories on the future value of precious metals and coins. If you care to share, I'd be interested :)

I will be honest...with all the counterfiets going around...I feel safe with my Junk Silver.

Ive never personally been burned, but I see alot of people have. I do own 30+ ASE. But at least when I see a worn half or merc...I know its 100% Real

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
ASE's are such a beautiful coin to look at, with all the fine details etc. Too bad they are not in general circulation, not necessarily silver, I would prefer them over the gold presidential dollars.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be honest...with all the counterfiets going around...I feel safe with my Junk Silver.

Ive never personally been burned, but I see alot of people have. I do own 30+ ASE. But at least when I see a worn half or merc...I know its 100% Real

This is my main reason for preferring junk silver too. I don't know if I've been burned on my .9999. I've done simple testing on most of it but until I sell my .9999 or cut them for testing, I won't know for certain that I haven't been burned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread