Are quarters worth searching?

johnnyv123

Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

I have $200 in pennies on order, and since the latest batch of half dollars hasn't been producing as well lately, and the dimes have been producing mostly new dimes (2015), I am thinking of getting some quarters. Just for reference, I live in western Pennsylvania, so people with results nearest me would be most helpful, but any results and/or opinions would be greatly appreciated. I might get some nickels as well, but I have already got a lot of nickels and I haven't searched quarters a all, save for four rolls I got several weeks ago (that produced no silver).

I am mostly interested in peoples find rates, to help me decide if it is worth picking up some quarters or just stick or half dollars and nickels.

Thanks,

John

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say this is 1 question regarding CRH that you will get the majority same answer
QTRS imo are a waste of time if searching solely for silver- if searching for the errors/varieties in the state qtrs the have at it- but still a waste of time imo

OP
OP
J

johnnyv123

Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, thank you very much. I think I will stick to different denominations!

Pete_Iredale

Jul 1, 2015
SW Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been collecting the states and ATB series, and have loved it so far. And, to make it all the better, I found a 1964 the other day! I also have found one non-silver proof. I get all customer wrapped rolls for quarters btw. So if all you want is silver, then probably not. But I you are looking the collect sets, quarters are awesome IMO.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they are most definity not worth searching. If you get a huge score of customer wrapped halves, or dimes, cents, or nickels, then you ask for customer wrapped quarters.

You will not find silver quarters in boxes.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a worn 40-something quarter out of $900 in CWRs the first time I ever searched quarters. It was definitely beginners luck, as I haven't found another since. I think Cardsncoins does a few boxes now and then with an occasional keeper, but they are really tough. If I lived in AZ, I might search for extra leaf Wisconsin qtrs (I think that's where most have turned up), but other than that, I have to be really desperate to try them.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That will depend upon your definition of "worth it to search." In reality, CRH for 90%+ of us isn't "worth it" as most of us lose money after expenses are figured in. Of the few that turn a "profit", I'd venture to guess most of them would make more money working a minimum wage job.

If you enjoy the search, its worth it IMO - regardless of the finds, or lack thereof.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread