Not Horsing Around... Another Nice Box

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Popped open my box last night to see four silver enders looking at me. Checked the bottoms and found two more... two reverse Kenders, three 40% Kenders and a 90% Kender.

IMAG0830.jpg IMAG0832_1.jpg

Also found this strange ender that has "United States Equestrian Team Foundation" on it. Not silver of course, but nevertheless interesting.

IMAG0833_1.jpg

So of course I was excited, having that many silver enders. Statistics says I should have around 60 silvers with 6 enders, so I was looking forward to an amazing box.

Didn't quite turn out to be 60 silvers, but it was a great box anyway. Ended up with 22 x 40% and 4 x 90% including a 1951-D Franklin. The box also contained a 1987-D along with that Equestrian Team token. There were 4.7 ounces in the box, our second best of the year.

IMAG0835.jpg

Does anyone know anything about the Equestrian team token? I forgot to take a picture of the other side, but it's dated 2015. Happy hunting everyone!

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic box!! Neat token too! I don't know anything about it, but it looks older.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd be happy with that too! I have one box with a 68 Kender that I still have to go through.
Lately, for me, it seems if there is an ender(s) those have been the ONLY keepers in a box. The good boxes (above average) have been the surprises with no enders. Go figure!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Buff, I thought the token was going to be old too based on the patina, but it was dated 2015. It's very light, not sure what it's made of or how it made it into a roll.

Greastart, I've been having that happen as well recently... lots of enders with not much else in the box. I'm sure the odds of having six enders in a box and no other silvers are minuscule!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buff, I thought the token was going to be old too based on the patina, but it was dated 2015. It's very light, not sure what it's made of or how it made it into a roll.

Greastart, I've been having that happen as well recently... lots of enders with not much else in the box. I'm sure the odds of having six enders in a box and no other silvers are minuscule!

I've noticed that my boxes that contain enders also only produce 3-4 silvers per ender, where statistically we should average 10 silvers per ender. Guess sometimes we get lucky, sometimes we dont, nonetheless, your box was awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread