Pennies in coin counting machines

IceePirate

Aug 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been doing crh regularly for about a month now. I order 2 boxes of pennies minimum along with whatever else I may fancy hunting at the time. I always find that my dump bank's counting machine always miscounts some dimes from the lot of pennies. I never really tell the teller about this as its only a couple dimes. I always roll every denomination higher than pennies because my bank has a limit of $150 through the machine per day.

Does anyone else have this type of situation in where they only dump pennies through the counter and get some dimes credited? If so, what do you do when this happens if anything special?

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've both "won" and "lost" when using coin counters. I've never even mentioned it to bank personnel. Hopefully in the long run I'll be pretty close to even.

Pete_Iredale

Jul 1, 2015
SW Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've run exact numbers of pennies through a couple of the ones my credit union has. I've never had it be off by more than 1-2 per thousand, and never counted as anything else. However, I have twice had the machine count a dollar when I know there were no dollars in my mixed dump, so there's that!

OP
OP
I

IceePirate

Aug 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
It always seems that I profit without doing much. I almost always find extra coins in CWR and I get counted for extra dimes even though I dump only the lowest denomination coin in there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions