My teller sold me an 1880 Morgan Silver Dollar and other goodies.

DustDevilMarc

Feb 12, 2014
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My drop-off bank has perhaps 10 branches in my town. Today, I went to a branch that I normally do not visit because it is less convenient than the other branches.

The line in the bank was quite short. When the teller called me over to her window, we exchanged "Hello's" and then I asked her if she has any dollar or half dollar coins. She said that she did and placed a stack of dollar coins on her counter and counted them like poker chips. This is what I saw:

M1.jpg

Do you see what I see? (Hint - Look at the middle coin.)

This is what I saw at home. (Can you spot the surprise?):

MandE.jpg

These are photos of the 1880 O Morgan:

m2.jpg M3.jpg

After that surprise, I asked her if she had any old paper money. Again, she answered in the affirmative and this is what she showed me:

A 1953 $2 bill:
2A.jpg 2D.jpg

and a 1953 C $2 bill:
2C.jpg 2B.jpg

Admittedly, these bills are not in great shape, but they are also my first.

In addition the teller sold me two 1967 Kennedy half-dollar coins.

Overall, a nice surprise from a bank that suddenly does not seem so inconvenient after all.

Upvote 0

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! That's awesome.

I got a Morgan from one of those big 8.5x11 bank envelopes full of Ikes last year. I could hear the slight sound of silver plinking around in the envelope, never did I think it'd be a Morgan though.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like my story a few weeks ago, of a teller selling me an ASE for one dollar, not knowing what he really had in his hand. Congrats on AG stacking.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds.
I LOVE those Morgan's. I bought all of my kids one on their birthdays every year when they were growing up.

Congrats. Keep that spot on the list.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can see another crh'er has already searched that coin because of the x he marked by her nose so it's no good obviously........... best re-cycle it back thru your dump bank!!! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread