Waited 2.5 years for a haircut - sooooo worth the wait!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
So I've been getting lots of skunk boxes of halves for the last several months, but soldiered on and eventually broke the skunk streak. Last week I found a proof 1960 Franklin half, and several 40%'s (didn't post a pic of the Franklin as I have a horrible time taking pics of proofs, and I haven't posted a pic in ages).

This week I found 19 silvers in one box, none in several other boxes, and am halfway through another box right now. I get the 2-level square boxes almost exclusively, and had found nothing up to the 3rd to last roll in the top half, when this popped out:

1907-O obverse.JPG 1907-O reverse.JPG :hello2::hello2::hello2:

A 1907-O Barber Half Dollar in easily the best condition of any 100+ year old coin I've ever found! The last Barber I found was January 2013. I'm still stunned!

Lots of detail visible on the coin, and shiny enough that again I had a bear of a time getting a good shot. Can anybody help me out with a grade? To me it looks like between F and VF, but that's a difference of about $50!

This isn't a teaser thread, but I haven't gone through the rest of the box yet. Really don't expect to find anything further, and I really don't care! WOW WOW WOW!!!

It's still out there!

FT

Upvote 0
OP
OP
FormerTeller

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Guess I spoke too soon. Like I said, I was so pumped I didn't even finish the box. Just opened the last 2 rolls in the top half and ran upstairs to show my wife the Barber. She was not impressed - tolerates my hobby, but not that into it ::)

After posting the post above, I decided to finish the box. Took a look inside and saw:

bottom half of box.JPG :hello2:

Again, not a teaser thread. I'll post again when I've finished it; might be before anyone reads this. But super excited!

FT

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
still waiting for mine....but I ain't been at it even one full year yet.

I'm patient. Thanks for posting and a sincere congratulations to you. I don't care what's in the rest of the box, that barber is saweeeeeeet!

OP
OP
FormerTeller

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Only other silver in the box was the 1943-S walker ender. No matter, still blown away!

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find FT. I'm still looking for my first. I hope it comes with the detector, but I certainly wouldn't throw it away if it came in a roll.

greatwun

Feb 21, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Only other silver in the box was the 1943-S walker ender. No matter, still blown away!

That looks like a Franklin at the top row. Second from the left.

Oops nevermind. That's a bicentennial half dollar

Last edited:

Half Hunter

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get the same brinks boxes and found my 3rd barber this week a 1908, also found 5 walkers, 1 ben, 7 1964, and (10) 40% out of 8 boxes.
Only one ender a 69 in one box.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats! Got my first and only shave back in '07, my first week roll hunting halves. An 1894.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread