Beware of this scammer

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Was going through one of my dime boxes from my Saturday morning pickups. Not only was it a LOOMIS SKUNK, but there was also three one cent coins that we're shaved down enough to be construed in a coin counting machine as a dime. I figure that this person who did this IS NOT A CRH because he had shaved down a very good looking 1956-d wheat cent that is now trashed. He needs a hobby, what do you think? CRH?

Upvote 0

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Hairy Penny.jpg
    Hairy Penny.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 77

Cobbolicious

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sincerest of apologies. I felt personally attacked by your previous statement as over the weekend I ate 3 grapes at a grocery store without paying for them and was considering turning myself in the the police. Next time I will phrase it as "the principal of worrying about minutia results in..... blah blah blah as to merely disguise my insult in subtleness.

But why would you insult the original poster?

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But why would you insult the original poster?

Collateral damage. Gotta have thick skin to post on the internet, there are all kinds of people from smart a $$es to judgemental/high horse types ready to give their 27 cents.

Cobbolicious

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Collateral damage. Gotta have thick skin to post on the internet, there are all kinds of people from smart a $$es to judgemental/high horse types ready to give their 27 cents.

Your insult is collateral to what? I see you're back to ad hominem. I thought we discussed this, but perhaps you don't understand, or enjoy logical fallacies. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem.

IceePirate

Aug 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Please refrain from posting belittling content on treasurenet. Such content is against the terms of posting and generally isn't nice to do. If you would like to do such things, then please go to another forum that accepts such kind of behavior. This a place to talk about all things treasure and not much else

Cobbolicious

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please refrain from posting belittling content on treasurenet. Such content is against the terms of posting and generally isn't nice to do. If you would like to do such things, then please go to another forum that accepts such kind of behavior. This a place to talk about all things treasure and not much else

Nothing about the insult to Dozer? Surely you don't believe that suggesting that a person refrain from ad hominem is belittling. I will tell you, I will not allow you or others to speak to him disrespectfully, or to support those who do, but I will hold you accountable b/c I can. Read the thread. It started with a post, an informative comment, and an insult.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cobbolicious you have been the one and only poster attacking anyone. It started with your judgemental first post and has continued right along. Any perceived ad hominem was directed at YOU not the original poster. The op is a good member who can handle having his beans busted when I and others give him a hard time over his post. You, on the other hand, want to turn this into some moral argument while showing off your vocabulary of the month calendar. Then you ASSume that I dont know or understand the meaning of certain words, just further exemplifying your belittling pompous tone. Ill save you a post....yes another example of ad hominem. Yes, yes it is and here and here are a few things to chew on (maybe YOU should brush up on you understanding of ad hominen and logical fallacies). 1. My original post attacked your statement, which was opinion and not fact. 2. The question here is clearly your conduct/character/moral reasoning. 3. There was no dismissal based on irrelevant information, my statements have been clearly supported by your own words.

For someone who attempts to come across as intelligent, not only did you fail to realize the whole time I was talking about you, you also completely failed in your attempt to cast me as some childish imbecile only capable of personal attacks when faced with topics supposedly above my iq level.

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cobbolicious you have been the one and only poster attacking anyone. It started with your judgemental first post and has continued right along. Any perceived ad hominem was directed at YOU not the original poster. The op is a good member who can handle having his beans busted when I and others give him a hard time over his post. You, on the other hand, want to turn this into some moral argument while showing off your vocabulary of the month calendar. Then you ASSume that I dont know or understand the meaning of certain words, just further exemplifying your belittling pompous tone. Ill save you a post....yes another example of ad hominem. Yes, yes it is and here and here are a few things to chew on (maybe YOU should brush up on you understanding of ad hominen and logical fallacies). 1. My original post attacked your statement, which was opinion and not fact. 2. The question here is clearly your conduct/character/moral reasoning. 3. There was no dismissal based on irrelevant information, my statements have been clearly supported by your own words.

For someone who attempts to come across as intelligent, not only did you fail to realize the whole time I was talking about you, you also completely failed in your attempt to cast me as some childish imbecile only capable of personal attacks when faced with topics supposedly above my iq level.

Game Set Match Joe777Cool

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SORRY TO BRING UP THIS SUBJECT !!!!!

I was interested in your original post and some of the replies. Clearly there is quite a bit going on distracting from that but it is not your fault.

Corey is continuing a previous beef with Joe. I doubt that he really believes that you would want (or need) him to come to your defense over a mild ribbing. It appears to be an excuse to grate on JC.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was interested in your original post and some of the replies. Clearly there is quite a bit going on distracting from that but it is not your fault.

Corey is continuing a previous beef with Joe. I doubt that he really believes that you would want (or need) him to come to your defense over a mild ribbing. It appears to be an excuse to grate on JC.

You are right....its clearly an extension of that 401k post where he attacked another member for no reason. If I recall correctly he really had his a** handed to him in that thread as well before the mods deleted everything.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you posting this pic in support of my position?

There is enough of the rim of this cent for me to make out the with a magnifying glass.

It has obviously been acid dipped to reduce it to the size of a dime. It is smaller and the finish is bumpy.

In it's condition, it's only worth a few cents. In better shape, it would be worth a few dollars.

I posted those to show my findings. I won't lose sleep at night if someone with esteemed knowledge on the Internet doesn't agree with me. I don't even know why I bothered posting them. I have what I think is a 1909 VDB dipped in acid to defraud a pop machine. It's of low value and life will easily move on if you don't agree.

I've found a lot of things that people will probably call BS on if I posted them. I found them, and I honestly don't care if people believe it or not.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is enough of the rim of this cent for me to make out the with a magnifying glass.

It has obviously been acid dipped to reduce it to the size of a dime. It is smaller and the finish is bumpy.

In it's condition, it's only worth a few cents. In better shape, it would be worth a few dollars.

I posted those to show my findings. I won't lose sleep at night if someone with esteemed knowledge on the Internet doesn't agree with me. I don't even know why I bothered posting them. I have what I think is a 1909 VDB dipped in acid to defraud a pop machine. It's of low value and life will easily move on if you don't agree.

I've found a lot of things that people will probably call BS on if I posted them. I found them, and I honestly don't care if people believe it or not.

For what its worth... I really was just going for a cheap laugh.... didn't really mean to question your integrity.

Peace.

IceePirate

Aug 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other

Might I say so sir, sick burn. But seriously, cobbolicious is being quite a disruption to this community.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Let's drop this entire post of mine with this: went to my dump bank today to drop my dimes & cents = results, none of the shaved cents went thru the coin counter either as a cent or dime, therefore I'm out the full thirty cents, PERIOD. END OF SUBJECT, thanks for the reading material.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's drop this entire post of mine with this: went to my dump bank today to drop my dimes & cents = results, none of the shaved cents went thru the coin counter either as a cent or dime, therefore I'm out the full thirty cents, PERIOD. END OF SUBJECT, thanks for the reading material.

Put the 3 coins on ebay, i bet someone will buy them!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the principle of theft and the idea that a person who cannot be trusted with small things cannot be trusted with bigger things.

That's called life. When i was in elementary school, my friend did this to some pennies for the vending machine....he was successful twice before EVERYONE in the school knew about it.

Cobbolicious

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I judge each post on its own merits. I don't do anything as an excuse to do anything else: I don't countenance duplicity (the very point of my initial post to this thread). I'm not sure where you came up with Corey, btw.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread