Whats your experience with Loomis rolls? Good or Bad?

Nov 24, 2015
Lake Tahoe, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im new to the forum and what to spark some old conversion about Loomis. I purchased $200 worth of halves today and got skunked. This is not the only time i have been skunked by Loomis and probably not the last. Im new to CRH but my history with Loomis is produced zero silver. I have read a lot of forums about how Loomis culls silver but I have found no hard facts about it. My personal experience has been bad with 100% strike outs on Yellow Loomis rolls and Im wondering what others are finding in there hunt. I know its too early in the game to give up and its all part of the hunt but I hope Im wrong in thinking that Loomis rolls are all skunk. Oh yeah..... I got skunked on a Loomis penny box on Monday! what is that about? just bad luck? I opened it up and every roll was 2015. Maybe its just not my week, oh well happy hunting anyways.:headbang:

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think perhaps everyone in your area is pulling the copper and dumping into the Loomis supply.

iammoleman2

Oct 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Pete. I searched a box of cents last week that was a Loomis box. They are the main player in my area. I found 11 wheats and although I don't track the copper I pull, that box seemed to produce more than average.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because you can legally sell them, even if you can't melt them, and there are buyers out there. Remember, the price was close to 3¢ in the recent past. Many people think it will go up again. The real question is, why wouldn't you pull the copper if it was easy? And like I said, I get less than 1% copper from their boxes, while I get at least 10% from my normal pickup bank, and 15-20% from customer returned rolls. Unless I've just been incredibly unlucky on the 4 (I think) boxes of Loomis pennies I've sorted, something doesn't add up.

Interesting opinion, but my opinion is that Loomis is not pulling copper. I'd even go so far as to wager big money on that. There is no money in it. Even if they had a ready made buyer, its highly unlikely that they could break even after paying for equipment and salaries...especially at today's prices. They certainly wouldn't do it just to lose money or at best break even. The most likely scenario, as others have suggested above, is that you are directly downstream of a major copper CRHer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread