All that glitters is not silver ... check out the coin machine slot-return bling

DustDevilMarc

Feb 12, 2014
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I routinely check the coin return slot of coin-counting machines and frequently find small change, many foreign and some silver coins. Today, I found earring number three. It is obviously cubic zirconia. However, over the past six months I have found one diamond earring and one emerald (?) earring. See for yourself:

Stones.jpg

The diamond is touching the dime, the green stone is an emerald (I'm guessing) and the last earring is the zirconia.

Has anyone else found a diamond earring in the return slot of a coin-counting machine?

Happy Hunting!

Upvote 0

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I did not find a diamond earring but I did find a Tiffanys ring that's had a very small diamond in it at a TD bank coin return. My wife looked the ring up on tiffanys web sight and it was $450. Needless to say I let my wife keep it.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got a small 14K ring that was jammed between the platen and wheel. took staff 5 minutes to free it. sold for $8 scrap. a few earrings, lots of screws, paper clips, etc., and yup-----silver dimes plus a 1909 VDB that sold for $10. plus over $20 in clad in 2 years---always get a few coins under the machine, bring a probe to get those. I love dumb dumpers!!!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
DustD: over the past 2 years I have also found two men's diamond rings: 14-k gold with five stones, and a 14-k white gold with eight stones. Both fit my finger perfectly, and both came from the same machine at the same dump bank. Gee, I wonder if it came from the same guy, that would really have sucked.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got a small 14K ring that was jammed between the platen and wheel. took staff 5 minutes to free it. sold for $8 scrap. a few earrings, lots of screws, paper clips, etc., and yup-----silver dimes plus a 1909 VDB that sold for $10. plus over $20 in clad in 2 years---always get a few coins under the machine, bring a probe to get those. I love dumb dumpers!!!

A 14k ring sold for $8 scrap? A gram of gold is about $40 scrap. that must have been one extremely tiny ring.

OP
OP
DustDevilMarc

DustDevilMarc

Feb 12, 2014
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DustD: over the past 2 years I have also found two men's diamond rings: 14-k gold with five stones, and a 14-k white gold with eight stones. Both fit my finger perfectly, and both came from the same machine at the same dump bank. Gee, I wonder if it came from the same guy, that would really have sucked.

How sweet!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once found a 10k gold men's ring with super tiny diamond chips, but never an earring. Good eye!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread