Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2015
Carol Stream, IL, USA
Detector(s) used
Caffe Deep Learning Framework
Primary Interest:
Other
I put a new coin sorting video on Youtube:

If you have questions about this and what can be done I would love to hear them!

This a demo of what is going on with my coin sorting system. I wanted to make a quick video of it working before I tore it apart and build a new one. The camera was one of those 50-500X USB microscope web cams. It works, but the lens and or camera is wrong for this. There is little color in higher lighting. It’s not fully about the cost of the camera, I have a different webcam that was selling for $10 five years ago that would have been better than this!

Next I am going to try a bunch of $20-50 UVC USB 2.0 cameras from Ailipu Technology Co., Ltd. They sell on AliExpess, eBay, Amazon. I still hoping to build a system with two $10 cameras (top & bottom with a clear belt.)

In the end I have a feeling this will be used more as an inpection system like I did in this video then a sorting system. Counterfeit coins will stick out like a sore thumb. I really think the system will get close at guessing the date without seeing it! For example it will know a 1944 cent that someone turned into a 1914 is from around 1944 without looking at the date.

Thanks, Paul Krush

Attachments

• clip.jpg
    clip.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread