Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

My name is Ryan and I make videos on YouTube. Recently, I have become very interested in this coin roll hunting hobby and I decided to make a video about my first time coin roll hunting. I would love it if you guys would check out my video! Since it's my very first time doing this, I would love it if you all could leave some tips in the comments section. If you like the video and you have a YouTube channel, go ahead and like the video and subscribe if you want to (: I'm hoping to make more coin roll hunting videos in the future; it's so much fun!

Here's the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnSvmbVuo9Y

Thank you all!

-Ryan

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello again,

I probably won't be posting every coin roll hunting video I do here. I know that you all have different opinions on whether or not I should even post them at all.

But this one is special. Not only did I find my first silver, but I found it in a way that I think you'll all find very peculiar. Needless to say, I was very excited.

Here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ji_MQT3BB8

I have a nickel hunting video coming up where I had a far-above-average $20 of nickels so I hope you'll stick around for that. If not, I might see you on some of the other threads. Happy hunting everyone!

- Ryan

Congrats on your first Silver hunting and plugging some holes in your coin book! Still don't care for the fact that you're making vids but to each his own ( Sorry, had to say it :tongue3:.) The 1987 will be harder to find than Silver, just to give you a heads up, but, I usually can tell an 87 just by the rim, typically the rim of an 87 ( or a commem for that matter) will be much nicer and look to be, if not in fact be a little thicker. HH, Maverick.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys will definitely have a heart attack watching this one.

Hey GM, yup, saw that vid 2 years ago when it was posted, made me want to vomit! A friend of mine actually knows the guy in the vid, a prime example of what NOT to do in this hobby. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Silver hunting and plugging some holes in your coin book! Still don't care for the fact that you're making vids but to each his own ( Sorry, had to say it :tongue3:.) The 1987 will be harder to find than Silver, just to give you a heads up, but, I usually can tell an 87 just by the rim, typically the rim of an 87 ( or a commem for that matter) will be much nicer and look to be, if not in fact be a little thicker. HH, Maverick.

Thanks Maverick! So do you look for 1987's yourself? I know it'll probably be one of the last coins I find but I'll keep looking!

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Maverick! So do you look for 1987's yourself? I know it'll probably be one of the last coins I find but I'll keep looking!

1970D will be the hardest to find from CRH (other than 1975x).

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

I do still keep them when I find them but, I had to let go of all the ones that I had been collecting over the last 5 years a few months ago :BangHead: ( was about 5-6 rolls worth). I needed to top off a bag for a deposit and didn't have any more clads to fill the bag, it made me kinda sick to do it but I had just had a huge Silver score that wiped out all of my clad fillers for deposit and was desperate to get my bags deposited so I could do my next pick up ( part of the craziness of my hunting sometimes) so I made the choice to dump all of them. I have since started keeping the ones that I find since then, I know they aren't really worth more than face but, they are rare to find and I do still hunt to find the things that are rare and hard to find too, not JUST Silver as most think. I also collect the painted coins that I find too. In that bag that I topped off with the 87's I also dumped a bunch of the Obama coins that I had been hanging on to only to find out later that the people at the post office that my wife works with were willing to pay $3.00 a piece for them! I sold the ones that I kept to her coworkers after she told me that they wanted them. HH, Maverick.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
1970D will be the hardest to find from CRH (other than 1975x).

This is true, didn't think about that, I mentioned the 87 because he did in his vid. In all my years I still have yet to find that elusive 75 though :laughing7:. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread