• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    276.2 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look pretty legit error to me. Not sure what the error is called. My guess is double strike

OP
OP
H

Hightek

Sep 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea on how much it will be worth if legit?

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hightek post this is the "coins" forum, those guys are very good about the errors. Let us know what they say.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be very careful a lot of coin dealers will offer you a very small amount of its value Its value would depend on what a collecter would pay for it, get several estimates. That is awesome happy for ya

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would bet it's value is anywhere from $20-200. Similar ones sold on ebay in that range. It's a cool looking coin. I like that it's on both sides too

OP
OP
H

Hightek

Sep 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for the awesome feedback...this might be the first real error coin I found...I also post this on the coin forum from bottlecap reply...I will let everyone know if I hear more good news:icon_thumright:

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check error-ref.com, a database for errors. rotation looks equal on both sides. nice find

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a cool coin! Congrats!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice RARE error find. Looks real to me, congrats.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like somebody in the coin forum posted, I would recommend getting it slabbed. It would verify the authenticity and would probably be worth a few hundred bucks. It would probably be a safe bet to take it to a coin store and see what they say. By no means should you sell it to them even if they say it's a common error and give you a low ball offer. Get as many opinions on it as possible.

OP
OP
H

Hightek

Sep 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the positive feedback...everyone has been really helpful...I will bring this to my nearest coin shop to see what they say... I might take that advice and get it slabbed after getting more opinions.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
That's by far the best looking error coin found by someone posted here.

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
First thing that came to mind when I saw that cent is "holy crap". Nice find good sir, let us know the outcome of what you decide to do with it.

OP
OP
H

Hightek

Sep 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got confirmation that this coin is a rare error coin from mike diamond a error coin expert. He stated that this in collar strong first strike with a weak second strike. Value around $250:icon_thumleft:

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is AWESOME. I had my doubts because I had a similar appearing coin that had a substance formed on the coin post mint. But if Mike Diamond says it's the real deal, then it's probably the real deal. Congratulations!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread