coin star find

Mikb43

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walked in to my local walmart and like always went straight to the coin star to see what had been left behind. i pulled out a hand full of mixed change and just put it in my pocket till i made it home. when i checked the change back at the house i ended up with 84 cents and one of them made me smile. Someone had left a 1900 Indian head penny in good condition in the reject slot. I took it to work and told a co-worker of mine who is also into crh and he offered me $20 for it. 2000% turn around in one day on someones reject.

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know if your friend wants to buy any of my coins. He buys at good prices.

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL accordselux. But seriously were you aware Its only worth maybe a few bucks Mikb43? If so I'm surprised you'd jip a friend by 15+ dollars. But hey that's none of my business...

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice score and congratulations!

Thu am I hit my walmart, couldn't believe how many coins were in the reject chute...
I reached in, pulled out my score, and there were more backed up in the chute, crazy!
Every coin was coated with a grimy/mildew crud, all clad, only a 46 wheat hiding in the mix
2 in quarters, 5 in dimes, a few nickels, rest pennies...9.30 total.:laughing7:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never new coinstar rejected silver

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just pulled a 1957 dime out of my walmart coinstar. That's like the 10th silver coin I have found in coins stars. It was with a penny, Canadian cent, Bahama cent, and a 1982 bus/metro token.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread