New Member: Feb 24 - 26 *Long-ish*

Meatlog66

Feb 28, 2016
north carolina
Primary Interest:
Other
I started CRH mid November 2015 and recently decided to sign up for the site, after lurking around for the past couple months.
I've had moderate success searching thru customer rolls exclusively, finding a hand full of 90% Kennedys, around 150 40%ers, but zero WLs or Bens.
Until this week...

I opened a Wells Fargo account for the sole purpose of purchasing sealed boxes, and ordered 8 boxes out the gates.
Out of the 7 boxes that remained sealed at the time of pick up (Wednesday), 5 contained zero silver.
In one of the boxes I came across my first WL followed by no additional silver, and immediately took a picture...
The second box contained a second WL, two 64 Kennedys, and five 40s including a 70 S.
So far, not a bad start to the week...

Friday while visiting a friend in Winston Salem, NC, I decided to do some CRH to pass the time.
Purchased a sealed box from a local bank, and found nothing so I found my preferred dumping bank and dropped the coins into their machine.
After $90 the bag was filled, so one of the tellers kindly came to exchange the bags for me...and that's when I heard it.
The unmistakable sound of a silver filled coin bag...
Thankfully the teller was familiar with the hobby of CRH, and after speaking with her manager I was able to purchase the bag at it's $1000 face value.
My hands were literally shaking from the excitement...

I've run into this situation a couple of times, but no one would ever let me purchase their bags from them.
I'm glad this time was different because i've never seen a bag so packed full of silver...it was rare to grab a handful without at least one piece in it.

Totals:
WL = 2
Bens = 9
64 Kens = 13
Ken Clad = 239

Here's hoping for more bags in the future!
Pictures attached...hope you guys enjoy.

Attachments

• edited_1456457978754.jpg
    edited_1456457978754.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 20160226_234203_030_01.jpg
    20160226_234203_030_01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    715.8 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cha-Ching! Welcome to TNet. Nice snag on that bag. Very cool!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
First - I noticed this is your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
coin_collection.gif
Second - Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score! In your last total it says 239 Kennedy clad? Do you mean 239 Kennedy 40%ers?

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the party. What a way to start a hobby. Congrats! Good Luck and Happy Hunting

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Fantastic !?@&$?! Way to go. Some of the guys on this site have NOT EVEN got some loads anywhere close to what you caught. Congrats & welcome to CRH'g and the TN site.

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Way to Go. I've asked many times trying to buy a full bag off a machine, always the same answer NO. You did good.

OP
OP
M

Meatlog66

Feb 28, 2016
north carolina
Primary Interest:
Other
Way to Go. I've asked many times trying to buy a full bag off a machine, always the same answer NO. You did good.

Well, i was sure they were going to turn me away this time as well. But i learned earlier that day that they pay by weight to ship them away.
So i asked to buy it from them, explained how this offer benefited both parties and luckily they agreed to sell them to me.
The teller was having just as much fun as I was looking thru the plastic trying to count the silver.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
...I learned earlier that day that they pay by weight to ship them away.
So i asked to buy it from them, explained how this offer benefited both parties...

That in itself is incredibly useful info. Kudos on your fast thinking, and thanks for sharing!

[emoji106]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions