CSH

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy CRH and I have had some decent luck lately checking coinstars. I always check them whenever I go to a store that has one. I even started going into walmart anytime I go to a store near one just to check their coinstar and leave. I think I might start a new term called CRH (coin star hunting). I just got back from shopping at walmart and I pulled out 66 cents in clad, 2 foreign coins and a 1953 rosie. I decided I was going to take all the clad I find and use that at the end of the year to buy either some silver coins or a gold coin depending on how much I have and what type of coins I am into at that time.

Anybody else ever find themselves planning their shopping destinations based on if their is a coinstar there? I have also purposely went into a grocery store during my lunch break just to check a coinstar. I also have to fight the urge to stop at a wegmans on my way home from work just to check the machine.

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always look, and I've checked many, MANY reject slots. My total over several years is 1 crusty zincoln.

SilverLunker

Nov 4, 2013
New England
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a vendor and I'm in and out of multiple stores daily and I always check in and around every Coinstar. I have come across quite a few silvers doing this. I actually had your same idea of making my own Coinstar log but my finds have slowed as of late

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't purposely go to one but if I happen to pass by one I check it out. Nothing yet

OP
OP
M

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always look, and I've checked many, MANY reject slots. My total over several years is 1 crusty zincoln.

I have noticed that a few coinstars I check semi-regularly never had any rejects. I would Der if they just are not used much or people are just making sure they take all rejects. I dono k ow for certain , but I have pulled a few dollars in silver from coinstars

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone ever check the small waste bin next to the coin star? I will toss some of the junk that won't get accepted in their. More so if it's foreign. I pulled all the old scratch off tickets out once. One was a $20 winner!

OP
OP
M

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone ever check the small waste bin next to the coin star? I will toss some of the junk that won't get accepted in their. More so if it's foreign. I pulled all the old scratch off tickets out once. One was a $20 winner!

Most of the ones I check don't have a waste bin next to them. I have found silver under the machine once. I always take a quick glance under the machine now.

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I decided I was going to take all the clad I find and use that at the end of the year to buy either some silver coins or a gold coin depending on how much I have and what type of coins I am into at that time.

I have a spot in my CRH excel chart where I log any reject chute or eyeball finds by denomination and it calculates how many ounces of "free" silver I'll get (based on current spot) when I eventually cash it in to buy silver :thumbsup:

RejectChute.jpg

That's my 2016 total so far. Haven't found any silvers yet but I've found over half an ounce of free silver:dontknow:

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm up to about 20 Rosie's and a few mercs from coinstars. Believe it or not I've found a few coins on the top of the machine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread