Gold at TD

Tommietommie

Greenie
May 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, went to my local TD branch to dump a box of halves. The penny arcade machine was acting very weird. It was dropping halves into all the bags. So when I finished dumping, the machine shorted me $38.00. The teller went through all the bags and knocked it down to $14.50 short. They let me keep 4 bent quarters that wouldn't go through the machine and when they pushed the machine back in there was a half under it. So now I'm short $13.00 and not happy. They take my information and tell me in about 3 weeks they will let me know if the bags where over. Still not happy I go to the teller and give her the receipt, $13.00, the half, and as I'm about to put the 4 bent quarters on the counter I notice a very tiny coin. I keep it in my hand and get my $500 back the hard way. I thank the teller and go over to the counter. I look at it and my eyes light up its a 1945 Mexican 2 peso gold coin. WOW ! Even though I got shorted, I still made out. image.jpeg

Upvote 0

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold seems to appear when it is talked about, so I'm going to talk about it often this week when I'm out dumping. Congrats!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
13 short is not much of an error in this hobby. It's part of the tax you pay playing the game. I wouldn't make much of a fuss over it. You may attract the wrong attention.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_scratch: you dump 500$ at TD, and the teller didnt need to change the bag, at every 100$?

OP
OP
T

Tommietommie

Greenie
May 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No only 1 bag change. I have 2 TD s in my area that have their machines set at $500. Also they'll let me dump up to $1500 at a time. I've been a customer since 1993 and donuts every so often works wonders. Good luck to you.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No only 1 bag change. I have 2 TD s in my area that have their machines set at $500. Also they'll let me dump up to $1500 at a time. I've been a customer since 1993 and donuts every so often works wonders. Good luck to you.

You so lucky! TD around my area, bags are set at 100$.... Dumping 500 at once is a hassle, the teller or CS has to change the bag like 4-5 times lol. I used to dump 250 at a time at TD banks.. Ive stopped searching halves in sep of last year...

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Tommie,

Congratz! Banner vote in! How often do we find any kind of gold coin CRHing? 'nuff said!

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
You'll find that people on this sub forum dont like having things put on the banner, due to attracting more attention to the hobby.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That TD penny machine can be set at any amount.
Once I found a machine being accidentally set at $1000.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not seeing in the OP's story where this gold coin actually came from. All I am seeing is "and as I'm about to put the 4 bent quarters on the counter I notice a very tiny coin. I keep it in my hand and get my $500 back the hard way."

So, where did the gold coin actually come from?

OP
OP
T

Tommietommie

Greenie
May 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold coin was in the reject tube with the 4 bent quarters, they gave me. Seems nobody noticed it since it's only about half as big as a dime. I only noticed it when they handed the coins to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions