Strange days have found us...

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I stopped into one of my TD dump banks on my way into work to make change for a $50 bill.

I notice a sign posted up on the coin machine and that the machine is switched off. I figured it was out of order, but no...

I walk up to the teller, a good friend of mine, and she proceeds to explain that, "All coin machines are shut down indefinitely."

"All?" I ask.

She elaborates, "Every one in this area, and as far as I know it's bank-wide. Came down from corporate."

So, I leave and call up my friend at another TD and she confirms that this is true. But, she assured me that they are still accepting bags of coin. WHEW!!!!

I can only imagine that this is to evaluate whether or not they are going to keep the coin machines moving forward.

Any thoughts from you guys?

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel like coin services have such a small impact on bottom line but can benefit consumers and businesses alike. It's like getting a cup of soda and not the full can on a plane. They're saving money, a miniscule amount in the long run, and it's pissing off consumers more than it is benefiting.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are you located at? If you don't want to disclose that then are you east coast or west coast?

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pennsylvania. So far it seems this is just a regional thing. I know there are just an absolute TON of hunters where I'm at. I know five personally now, and have tallied sixteen so far operating in the same area as me.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
post by SeeBeeRon answers the question, click the link. TD is testing ALL machines for accuracy

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
post by SeeBeeRon answers the question, click the link. TD is testing ALL machines for accuracy

Some TD Bank is going to FAIL horribly lol, Someone needs to come up with a lawsuit People v TD Bank, Gxxxx... LOL

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to Liu's experience and my own and others, the dimes being counted as pennies are the main cause of the shortage.

I stop counting dimes at TD long long time ago.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I started to reroll my dimes to avoid this type of shortage. Two of my banks appreciate when my dime rolls come in, avoids them having to order as many.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread