First time boxing mixed dimes, at work on Friday.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
50,000 in bagged dimes all dumped into a tub, the tub has three sliding doors on the side. The tube is lifted up with a lift, and connected with three draw slots and feeds coins into the wrapping machines. While working I managed to pull 22 silver dimes, just by spotting the silver rim, 2 Merc, 1 1958 Canadian, and the rest rosies. Imagine if I ran those dimes through a sorter set to reject silver! I would easily clear 20$ in face value I believe. If you want silver, dimes are your best bet. Your second best bet is nickels.

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I had mentioned roughly two years ago; Cummings Office Machines has developed a NEW coin sorter that can extract silver coins with a flip of a switch. It's only a matter of time for conversion of old machines to new ones. Trust me, a friend of mine is a Cummings field tech, and has seen them in action. No real EXTRA STEP, just a switch and a reject bin.

The problem with that is that the silver coins are still legal tender. They have to still give credit for them. They can't simply just take them out. They would have to replace them with clad.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
luckily for my facility they weigh most of the bags. If they bring in new counting machines, and tellers do not know why this 1964 quarter won't go through the machine, he/she might just drop it in the bent/bad coin bucket and bye bye it goes. Bent/bad coins are sent to the federal reserve for credit. From there I believe coins will never come back...

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Liu21;4956866 From there I believe coins will never come back...[/QUOTE said:
That sent shivers up my spine :BangHead:. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread