Todays 10= time out

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Today's 10= time out

Did ten half boxes today. produced a lone wolf 40%er. After last weeks 9-15 boxes I'm going to hold off on the halves for a few weeks. Need to let the silver vein come back.
On to dimes for the next few weeks.

Attachments

• 1462221025468.jpg
    1462221025468.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Ouch, that's a rough one. Good luck switching to dimes, hopefully the silver pipeline will fill up for you.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UGOTIT - I got skunked on 21 boxes straight and thought I would consider going for dimes instead. I changed my mind and did 6 more boxes last week. I got 24 40%ers, 1 64 Kennedy, 1 2005 proof and 1 coin that perplexes me. It is a bicentennial half that has an "S" mint mark which makes me think it is a proof. But, it looks nothing like a proof and is definitely silver. I'm guessing 90% silver but not sure. Am not aware of any 1976 40% silver. Perseverance has paid off for me. Not sure for how long, but with crappy eyes I don't really relish looking at dimes. Time will tell...Brad

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1976 half dollar was minted in a 40 percent version with the S mint mark. There were business strikes and proofs.

Mintage was some where in the neighborhood of 11 million

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UGOTIT - I got skunked on 21 boxes straight and thought I would consider going for dimes instead. I changed my mind and did 6 more boxes last week. I got 24 40%ers, 1 64 Kennedy, 1 2005 proof and 1 coin that perplexes me. It is a bicentennial half that has an "S" mint mark which makes me think it is a proof. But, it looks nothing like a proof and is definitely silver. I'm guessing 90% silver but not sure. Am not aware of any 1976 40% silver. Perseverance has paid off for me. Not sure for how long, but with crappy eyes I don't really relish looking at dimes. Time will tell...Brad

It amazes me how many people coin roll hunt but do not research coins. If you simply googled 1976 silver half dollar or bicentennial silver half dollar a plethora of information would have came up on it. There would of been no guessing. I'm assuming you know how to do that because you are utilizing a forum. Not trying to poke fun or sound like a jerk which I'm sure I do but sounding confused over something that could have simply been researched in less than 5 seconds boggles my mind. People do it on here all the time.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It amazes me how many people coin roll hunt but do not research coins. If you simply googled 1976 silver half dollar or bicentennial silver half dollar a plethora of information would have came up on it. There would of been no guessing. I'm assuming you know how to do that because you are utilizing a forum. Not trying to poke fun or sound like a jerk which I'm sure I do but sounding confused over something that could have simply been researched in less than 5 seconds boggles my mind. People do it on here all the time.
Mark - I didn't ask for help identifying the coin because I hadn't taken the time to do any research. Not confused, just not having researched it YET I was mentioning my speculation. No more, no less. If you note any of my history of posts, you'll realize that asking others to do research for me is not what I do all the time. The goal of my post was merely to try and motivate UGOTIT by showing some recent success, not to start anything that "boggles your mind".

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark - I didn't ask for help identifying the coin because I hadn't taken the time to do any research. Not confused, just not having researched it YET I was mentioning my speculation. No more, no less. If you note any of my history of posts, you'll realize that asking others to do research for me is not what I do all the time. The goal of my post was merely to try and motivate UGOTIT by showing some recent success, not to start anything that "boggles your mind".

Oh I was a jerk for sure I don't deny it at all. Still doesn't change anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread