I thought this was cool.

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to the bank to cash a check and I asked the teller if she had a roll or 2 of .50cent coins and I couldn't believe it when she said NO--- come on, this is a bank. Don't they carry rolls of everything?
So she says, I have a few dollar coins and she said they're pretty cool, I say sure. She send in the teller envelope 5 1976 Eisenhower silver dollars, now I'm 45 and don't ever think I have seen one of these in my life. Crazy I know

Two are 1976 and 3 are Bi-Centenial coins. Pretty cool

Does anyone ever CRH these things
Are they Silver? Are they Rare?

Thanks

Upvote 0

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most are common but are neat to look at. I leave for tips for these waitresses and they go bat#$#$ over them. look up the ikegroup.info.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the bank to cash a check and I asked the teller if she had a roll or 2 of .50cent coins and I couldn't believe it when she said NO--- come on, this is a bank. Don't they carry rolls of everything?
So she says, I have a few dollar coins and she said they're pretty cool, I say sure. She send in the teller envelope 5 1976 Eisenhower silver dollars, now I'm 45 and don't ever think I have seen one of these in my life. Crazy I know

Two are 1976 and 3 are Bi-Centenial coins. Pretty cool

Does anyone ever CRH these things
Are they Silver? Are they Rare?

Thanks

I think you will find that most banks rarely have loose rolls a half dollars laying around. As for the IKES, if they have an all silver rim and an S mint mark then chances are its a 40% silver IKE.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 are 1976 and 3 are bicentennial? I assume thats a typo of some sort.

They aren't rare. As stated above, if it has an 's' mintmark it might be 40% silver. All silver Ikes have an 's' mintmark, but not all with the 's' are silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread