Liu21 impersonator?

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
So I go through about 6 boxes of halves a week, mostly Brinks boxes, and I pick up 2 boxes per bank. Last Friday I picked up my 2 boxes, and looking inside the first one I saw this:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467777190.551996.jpg

Clearly the middle roll second from the bottom was a reverse silver ender. Good sign! I save that roll for last, and it turns out to be the only roll with any silver, but get this, it had EIGHT 40% silver halves!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467777363.679523.jpg

The second box had no silver. To make things even more interesting, the rolls were all reversed, in that the Brinks side of the wrappers were on the coin side, with blank white on the outside.

Now at this point, I'm thinking of how Lui21 would save all the silver from a bag, and wrap it all at once. Still weird as heck that all the silver in one box would make it into just one roll, and a MWR at that, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Today I pick up 2 more boxes, from a different bank. Open the first one up and what do I see?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467777699.338747.jpg

Might be hard to tell, but the bottom left corner roll is showing 1967, and again the wrappers are on backwards. This time I couldn't wait, and opened the roll into my hand.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467777813.347938.jpg

Six 40%'s this time, and again no silver in any of the 99 other rolls. Now once might be a coincidence, albeit one hard to swallow. But twice??? This has to be man made interference. Not that I'm complaining... 14 silver out of 4 boxes is certainly above my average, but still odd as all get out.

Anybody experience anything even remotely similar?

It's still out there, just not necessarily where you might think.

FT

Upvote 0

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
FT, I been thinking about ordering more boxes. Maybe I'm gonna! I can order in one service area, and dump into another. Maybe I can work my way down to a bottom of a pallet eventually....

Nice silvers!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
My bank won't even order in halves. They don't even want them in the bank!

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FT, looks like you took the inside man's boxes. Lol. I bet he was seeding them and then trying to buy the boxes. But it's a big world and he didn't get them. Lol. If I had the chance to box halves, I will do what he is doing, and time my orders to try and get the boxes seeded with silver.

OP
OP
FormerTeller

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
FT, looks like you took the inside man's boxes. Lol. I bet he was seeding them and then trying to buy the boxes. But it's a big world and he didn't get them. Lol. If I had the chance to box halves, I will do what he is doing, and time my orders to try and get the boxes seeded with silver.

You called it. I went back to the first bank for my 2 boxes Saturday, and the teller asked me if I found anything good lately. I hedged, and said it was hit or miss (true). He said that the other guy who picks up halves there, whom I know, said that last week he found $500 worth of silver in his 2 boxes! I silently cursed him for mentioning silver, then silently cursed the teller for giving me the wrong boxes! Had I arrived early or late last week, that could have been me. Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes.

Boxes this week were back to normal. 1 silver out of 2 boxes, but it was a Barber! Second oldest one I've found CRH'ing.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468210373.309694.jpg

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ugh...talk about bad timing. Oh well, it doesn't appear that the inside guy has his timing down so you may still become the recipient of his timing attempts...hehe

-TwoYewts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread