LOOKIE what I caught ????

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Getting a little upset with the results on dimes lately so besides a few boxes of dimes I also got two boxes of cents from two different banks (same type of box, different bank names). Opened up the first box (closed lid no holes) to make sure not all new 2016, and low and behold starring at me are 2-Indian Head cents ENDERS (see pic third row down & 6-across, & fourth row down & 3-across). IM STOKED on this box, can't wait to get into the rolls to see if any other IH's. Now I'm faced with two problems: 1)since both boxes are the same, I can't remember which one came from which bank? to go and get more boxes; and 2) what do I call them &. INDERS? I'll let you all know my findings on these boxes. Sorry about the bad pic, from my IPod .

image-1370885053.jpg

Attachments

• image-4257680994.jpg
    image-4257680994.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 178
Upvote 0

BobTheDigger

Jul 7, 2016
SW PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its odd that the 2 rolls with the IH's are really dirty. See how the white paper is darker then the rest? Maybe those rolls are full IH's. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck!

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Dozer

That's awesome! I've only ever ordered boxes of halves. Thinking it's time to switch it up a bit. Maybe a box of each.

Keep looking and sharing.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I started with a box of each, from cents through quarters. So far, 2 wheat cents and a dime with strong die clash error. Oh, and a quarter with a small glob of extra metal. Can't even get halves at my bank. Think I'm just gonna stick with cents. I think my best bets are with them.

Can't wait to get my hands on an Indian cent. Awesome!! :thumbsup:

Jajo

Mar 20, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Please tell us how it turns out, I just want to find one IH

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome way to start a box! Good luck with the rest of those rolls Dozer and I'm just as curious with Bob's observation in those two rolls being dirtier/darker than the others. Hope they turn out to be an entire tribe hidden in there.

-TwoYewts

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good eyes guys. I have not opened the rolls yet, but there is six of the darker looking rolls in the entire box. Maybe the other 4 will have more IH's. My eyes are not as sharp as they use to be. Still crossing my fingers however. Tks Dozer D, HH

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Inders" is quite novel. I like it. I did a box of halves today and got what I normally get...absolutely nothing.

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Good eyes guys. I have not opened the rolls yet, but there is six of the darker looking rolls in the entire box. Maybe the other 4 will have more IH's. My eyes are not as sharp as they use to be. Still crossing my fingers however. Tks Dozer D, HH

I'd set those 6 rolls aside and compare the results for those rolls with the other 44...

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
"Inders" is quite novel. I like it. I did a box of halves today and got what I normally get...absolutely nothing.

I find the occasional "Wheater"... though I got skunked in 500 cents yesterday and a silver skunk half a box of halves (but a brilliant 82-S proof saved that one).

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Suspense is OVER !!!!
Was able to complete the balance of the two boxes of cents (excluding those 6-darker paper rolls with the two INDERS showing), got 18-wheaties plus avg amount of coppers (12%). Now to the special six rolls. NO they were not all IH, but there was one more IH in a different roll, to total three IH cents, plus a large amount of 31-wheaties (oldest being 1917, very worn; 5-20's, 4-30's, 11-40's, and 10-50's), none of which were in any extremely fine condition, just the average condition. This all must of been a part of GRAMPA's collection dump, just wonder what else there was at the time of the dump. It was exciting while it lasted. Thanks for the interest guys, HH, DozerD.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, that's a great haul!! Just got through with my first box of cents, and only a few wheats in there (I think 6), and no IHP's. :crybaby2: Sure hoping I'll get an IHP in this next group - a $50 bag of cents. Also going to be getting more cents next week - hopefully a lot more! Bound to run across one eventually.

I envy you....and that doesn't happen often! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread