Garrett, green something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to try dines soon. So are you saying boxes/rolled should yield a bit more than the bags?

My experience is that bags from the machine yield slightly more than boxes.
The other thing that I like about bags is no roll peeling/cracking.
Also, bags have a higher probability of a complete collection dump.

Hands down, bags if you can - for any denomination coins you hunt. Fewer and fewer banks/cu are selling bags to the average joe.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brock: I do mostly DIMES, from boxes, and my avg this year is just a little over ONE per box. Two/three years ago it ran about 2.5/box. They are still out there, just have to work harder & smarter. Can't find a bank that would sell bags in my area.

For Dimes, I'm getting 2/box ($500 face) or 5.5/bag ($1k face) pretty consistently.
I've never had an abnormally high box, but have had 2 bags with 12+ (13 and 17).

OP
OP
THBrock

THBrock

Jul 25, 2016
Grand Prairie, TX
Detector(s) used
lol, bounty hunter QuickDraw II
Garrett, green something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For Dimes, I'm getting 2/box ($500 face) or 5.5/bag ($1k face) pretty consistently.
I've never had an abnormally high box, but have had 2 bags with 12+ (13 and 17).

I'll try to get some. I just found out that two customers use my dump bank often, one owns a laundry and the other owns vending machines. You think they're searching prior to dumping?

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll try to get some. I just found out that two customers use my dump bank often, one owns a laundry and the other owns vending machines. You think they're searching prior to dumping?

Some vending machines reject silver, not sure about laundry machines.

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
most laundry don't as I buy silver quarters on a regular basis from a young man that manages and empties out quarters at local laundry mats.

Introfiant

Dec 22, 2015
OBX
Detector(s) used
CZ21, Excal, Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't bother much with quarters. Pennies, Nickles, and halves. I've found silver dimes in penny rolls before.

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Some vending machines reject silver, not sure about laundry machines.

I don't think laundry machines don't reject silver. I've found a couple of my silver quarters from hand rolled coins brought in from a laundromat owner.

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other

In my experience, laundromat coins are good to go through. I've had good success finding silver in them.

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Or 4600 sodas

LOL. I'm very frugal when it comes to soda... I wait for it go on sale for $2.27 per box of 12. When you add in the CRV, it ends up being $2.87 for 12 cans... So I would get 9,616 cans of soda out of it. 8-)

OP
OP
THBrock

THBrock

Jul 25, 2016
Grand Prairie, TX
Detector(s) used
lol, bounty hunter QuickDraw II
Garrett, green something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. I'm very frugal when it comes to soda... I wait for it go on sale for $2.27 per box of 12. When you add in the CRV, it ends up being $2.87 for 12 cans... So I would get 9,616 cans of soda out of it. 8-)

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread