Copper hoarders

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently dumped $300 worth of copper cents back into the wild. Saving copper seemed like a good idea at the time but they were taking up way too much space for me. Shame to see them all go but can't hold onto everything you know? I haven't heard of anybody posting about using a Ryedale lately.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Have never heard of that sorter.

I'm holding coppers here, but then I've got all the space in the world to do so. ...A copper sorter would sure make things go quicker!!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I've always culled the copper, but never bothered to sell. I've been in a purge mindset recently and have been selling quite a lot of coins recently on eBay. I've looked up completed sold listings, and frankly, it doesn't appear that there is a market for them. In one case, the seller sold $25 fv for $23 and change. I haven't gotten around to take them to the bank as I have a crapload and I'm lazy. So I'm going to try a Craigslist post or the local Swip-Swap group and market them towards those that are inclined to use them as a tile/table-top medium.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I unloaded $75 worth of Cu along with 2 rolls of non-cull wheats and about 100 Cu Canucks for $100 on Craig's a couple months ago.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Copper is way down at the moment. When it goes up again (and it WILL go up!), I'm hoping there will be a real demand for immediate orders of copper bullion in the form of copper cents.

I have HORRIBLE luck when it comes to picking stocks! But this I feel is a very safe investment. I cannot "lose" money, as the face value is still there. The only real loss would be from inflation, in which case it wouldn't matter if the inflation was in copper cents or $100 bills.

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have about $250 face and I think it's going to get dumped back into the system. Not worth holding on to anymore. I might search it for errors but not even sure about that.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't saved a copper cent in 2 years and I don't feel bad about it. Big waste of time from my point of view.

forkliftdriver

Sep 15, 2013
Western Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold $53 FV for $66 and the buyer said they will buy all of my copper in the future, but we will see how that goes.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I search for copper error cents and cull out any that are AU or better.............the rest go back into the wild............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread